Advertisement directory for dental insurance suppliers
It is important to look after the dental health of you and your family, but this can be expensive. It may be cheaper to purchase a dental insurance policy to help cover the costs of dental care.
Dental Insurance coverage for individuals or families offers protection against dental costs. It insures against the expense of dental treatment and care, as well as covering dental disease and accidental damage to teeth. Dental insurance is an affordable way to cover dental costs and can give you the option of choosing either an NHS or private dentist.
Quotezone doesn't currently offer a comparison service for dental insurance but, in order to help you make the right choice we have a number of partners listed below who specialise in this area.
Dental treatment definitions?
Dental insurance plans can be confusing here are some definitions to help explain the types of cover on offer:
- Regular treatment includes fillings or scaling, and anything that is not serious and carried out by a dentist or a hygienist.
- Emergency dental usually includes treatments where you are suffering from acute, sharp pain or swelling, such as an infected tooth, or an accident that requires immediate attention. Other serious dental problems can include the treatment of abscesses or cysts.
What to look for in a dental insurance plan
With so much choice when it comes to dental insurance plans, it pays-off to ensure that you select the right cover, and that it is the most cost-effective for you and your needs. It is also important to think about the options that are most important to you before making your decision to purchase a policy.
You may want to consider:
- Whether you are looking for dental coveras an individual, couple or a plan to cover the whole family.
- Whether the dental plan you are looking at restricts you to seeing a named dentist
- Looking at what percentage of your dental treatment, routine check-ups and hygienist visits a policy will cover.
- Whether you can use your local dental surgery in an emergency.
- A policy which provides accidental cover and emergency cover worldwide.
Bear in mind that you will be required to help contribute towards a percentage of the costs yourself. Your chosen dental plans should clearly state the annual claim limits imposed up front.
Do I need a private dental insurance policy?
It is worth considering whether to opt for a private dental insurance policy. Some dental insurance plans will only cover the costs of NHS dental treatments whereas a private dental insurance policy covers treatment from both private providers and the NHS.
Due to the fact that insures do have exclusions on their dental insurance policies it is important to read the terms and conditions of your chosen dental plan before deciding to proceed with the purchase.