Login Menu

Holiday home insurance

Compare holiday home insurance

  • Quotes from UK insurance providers
  • One short form – save time & money

Policies and deals from industry leading insurance providers, including

Insurance for Holiday Homes
Park Home Assist Insurance
Apricot Insurance
Highworth Insurance
GSI Insurance
My Insurance
Ibex Insurance
My Holiday Home Insurance
Brady Insurance
Peacock Insurance Services
Got You Covered
Ace Insurance
Coversure Insurance Services

Looking for cheaper insurance?


Secure & Encrypted

We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.


Over three million users

Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.


You could save time and money

Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.


Independent and unbiased service

We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.

What people have to say about us

the price was right and the customer service excellent.


Poulton-le-Fylde, United Kingdom

Easy and great quote


Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom

4.75/5 from 2907 customer reviews

Holiday Home Insurance

Competitive and cheap holiday home insurance quotes from across the UK

Most holiday homeowners know the risks of having a second property or holiday home. Getting insurance for your holiday home can help avoid some of the costs associated with emergencies or accidents which affect your holiday home.

Since holiday homes are often left empty or unmonitored for longer periods of time than primary homes, there are several additional risks. Holiday homes can be appealing targets to thieves or vandals. It is also common to not notice problems before they develop, for example, not finding a leaking pipe before it causes significant damage. This is why it is important to get the right kind of insurance for holiday homes. You can get holiday home insurance in Ireland, France, Spain, or most other locations.


Can I get regular home insurance for my holiday home?

No. Normal home insurance does not usually cover homes that are left empty for more than 30 days at a time. This is because homes are at more risk if they are left empty.

If you intend to rent out your holiday home you will also need to consider holiday let insurance.

It is always a good idea to compare holiday home insurance quotes to find the best deal.


How long can I leave my holiday home empty?

Some holiday home insurance will not insure a home that is left empty for more than 90 days at a time. However, some insurance policies have no limit and allow you to leave your holiday home empty for however long you want. To find a suitable holiday home insurance policy, compare insurance quotes from across the UK.


What insurance do I need to rent my holiday home?

If you are renting your holiday home out, either directly or through an agency, you may need public liability insurance. This is to cover the costs if a member of the public has an accident at your holiday home, and it is often a legal requirement to have this type of insurance. You may also want to consider additional insurance since your holiday home will be used more often.


What types of additional insurance for holiday homes can I buy?

One of the most common extra insurance types is contents insurance. This is to protect the items within your holiday home, from belongings to electronics to furniture. Contents cover often protects against fire, theft, and flood damage, though you should compare policies to see what exactly is covered.


Do I need employer’s liability insurance?

If you fully employ someone to manage or clean your holiday home as part of a rental business, you may also need employer’s liability insurance. You may not need it if you hire a contractor or an agency worker.


Do I need special insurance if my family uses my holiday home?

If your direct relatives are using your holiday home, this is usually covered by most holiday home insurance policies. If you have paying guests, you will need further insurance.


Is holiday home insurance a legal requirement?

If your holiday home is only for personal use, it may not be legally required to insure it. However, holiday home insurance protects against many of the risks of owning a holiday home.