- Save £300 on your annual energy bills*
- Over 250,000 people switch every month**
- Compare a wide range of gas & electricity suppliers
Our energy comparison service is accredited to the.
Our energy comparison service is accredited by Ofgem. This means that our service is:
- impartial – not biased to any supplier
- comprehensive – compares all domestic tariffs from all suppliers
- accurate and up to date
More information is available on the Ofgem website at www.ofgem.gov.uk
A household in the UK might have a prepayment meter installed for gas and electricity. A meter of this kind usually means that a tenant or homeowner can pay for their gas and electricity as they require it, topping up the meter as and when. A prepayment meter might help individuals stay on top of their energy bills more easily and it also tends to mean that people don’t get behind on their energy payments.
People may be under the assumption that whilst paying for energy on a prepayment meter they are paying a much higher rate than others. It could be that people also think they are stuck with the same energy provider. However, as with any energy provider there is likely to be the option to switch tariffs.
Shopping around using a comparison might be an easier way to switch to a potentially cheap prepayment meter tariff. People might choose to compare prices online as this could be more convenient and enable a person to see the savings that could be made in one place.
Having a prepayment meter might be more convenient for some however that may not always be the case so searching to switch online could at least ensure that a household isn’t paying over the odds for their prepayment service.
UK customers are more likely to pay more on a prepayment meter but it doesn’t necessarily mean sticking with the same provider and nor does it mean not switching supplier to have the possibility of saving money on energy bills.
Searching for a cheaper supplier online could be the best way to switch. It could save time and means that a person doesn’t need to spend large amounts of time calling around different suppliers one by one explaining their circumstances. Switching prepayment tariff may not be a hassle when using a comparison service.
Much cheaper than other places. This is the second time that I have used them.
Peter Singleton, 06-03-2018
Quick and easy, no problems at all.
Francisco Alves, 06-02-2018
Fast. Efficient. And most of all the best value for the service provided. Thank you.
- * Ofgem research finds comparing and switching supplier or energy tariff can make a big difference to your gas and electricity bills – with annual savings of around £300 available please see https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/consumers/household-gas-and-electricity-guide/how-switch-energy-supplier-and-shop-better-deal
- ** Over 250,000 people switch energy company or tariff every month. Please see http://www.energy-uk.org.uk/customers/how-to-switch-energy-company.html
- To see the latest monthly switching stats, please visit Energy UK’s website: http://www.energy-uk.org.uk/publication/293-research-and-reports/switchingreports.html