Get cheap travel insurance for Morocco now
Cheap Travel Insurance for Morocco
- Compare up to 30 providers
- Access Cashback & Rewards
- 97% of reviewers recommend us
Search and compare cheap quotes from up to 30 UK travel insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Search up to 30 different travel insurance providers
Quotezone increases your chance of finding a great deal by searching the market for you.
Buy online or by phone
Purchase your travel policy quickly and easily, monthly and annual payment options available.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
excellent service/well pleased/very satisfied
Best search site. Came up with the cheapest.
Stepney, United Kingdom
4.75/5 from 3016 customer reviews
Morocco Travel Insurance UK
Morocco is a dream holiday destination, with historic mosques, palaces and world-famous spice and craft markets. Whether you’re sandboarding in the Sahara or bartering at Jemaa el-Fnaa market, Morocco offers unforgettable experiences.
And in this bustling country, you’ll want to make sure you have somewhere to turn when things go wrong. Travel Insurance for Morocco can save you from the fallout of accidents and protect you from the financial burden of issues like cancellations, theft, medical expenses and more.
Cheapest Travel Insurance for Morocco
Finding the cheapest travel insurance for Morocco could be essential to stay within your holiday budget. And comparing quotes is a great way to make sure you are not paying more than you have to for insurance.
At Quotezone.co.uk, we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and are committed to providing transparent and unbiased comparisons. We help you quickly compare 30 trusted UK travel insurance companies to find travel insurance for Morocco from UK that fits your budget.
How much is travel insurance for Morocco from UK?
It’s hard to give one price for travel insurance for Morocco as each policy is different depending on your needs. But you can get some idea of the cost by considering what insurers use to set your insurance premium. These include:
- Your travel destinations – Some European insurance can cover you for Morocco alone, but if your holiday plans take you further outside of Europe you will need worldwide insurance, and this can be more expensive.
- Your age – If you are an older traveller, you might be quoted a higher premium as insurers judge you to be more likely to need medical care.
- Your planned activities – High-risk activities like watersports, trekking or rock climbing will need extra coverage at an additional cost.
- Pre-existing medical conditions – If you have an existing medical condition you will be more expensive to insure and might need to be covered by a specialist insurer.
- Type of coverage – Coverage options include single-trip insurance, which is used for short-term holidays. However, if you are travelling multiple times within a year, or are travelling for extended periods, annual travel insurance or backpacker insurance could be a more cost-effective option.
Do you need travel insurance to travel to Morocco?
While it’s not legally required to get travel insurance for Morocco, it’s strongly recommended. Even the cheapest travel insurance for Morocco offers invaluable protection for you and your finances.
Morocco is a majority Muslim country so some UK tourists can face problems if you don’t make yourself familiar with the local laws and customs. Morocco also poses risks like terrorism, earthquakes and high crime rates for theft and even assaults. So you could benefit from insurance on multiple fronts.
Travel insurance for Morocco gives you protection and support for:
- Medical care – Medical facilities outside of cities and towns can be scarce. But insurance can cover the costs of your expenses as well as the cost of getting you home to the UK if you need specialist medical attention.
- Coverage for personal accidents – Giving you financial aid for severe and lasting injuries like blindness, limb loss, or permanent disability.
- Cancellations and curtailments – Protects money you’ve invested in your holiday booking if it is cancelled or needs to be cut short for any reason listed on your policy.
- Liability protection – Supports you if you cause harm or damage to others or their property.
- Support for legal costs – Assists with legal fees.
- Personal belongings protection – Covers your personal belongings, luggage and money up to the policy limit if they are lost or stolen.
Is Morocco in Europe for travel insurance?
Although Morocco is located in northern Africa, it is only around eight miles away from the south of Spain. And some insurers will still include it under their European travel insurance policies.
Where this is not the case it will be available as worldwide travel insurance. And if you plan to travel to multiple countries in Africa on your trip, this could be the most cost-effective option.
What’s the best travel insurance for Morocco?
The travel insurance you need depends on you and your holiday plans. Standard travel insurance for Morocco will be enough for most travellers, but you might consider additional coverage or add-ons if you need specific or specialised cover. Options for this can include:
- Pre-existing health conditions cover – This can guarantee that your condition is covered so you dont have to compromise on your healthcare when travelling.
- Luggage and personal possessions – You can opt for increased coverage limitations for high-value items like jewellery or engagement rings.
- Activity cover – If you plan to do high-risk activities like sand surfing, trekking or water sports, you will generally need additional activity cover.
- Gadget insurance – If you are working on your travels or use expensive devices gadget insurance can cover various gadgets and electronics.
Advice from our experts:
“Most travel insurance policies cover important documentation such as passports but rarely cover stolen cash and phones. Most providers allow travellers to add on extras that might be needed such as gadget travel insurance.” – Greg Wilson, Founder and CEO of Quotezone.co.uk
Is my EHIC or GHIC card valid in Morocco?
No, as you are outside of Europe your EHIC or GHIC card won’t be valid in Morocco. This means that you will have to personally cover the costs of any medical treatment that you need, including emergency treatment.
This is why it is even more essential to get travel insurance for Morocco from UK. Without this, you could fall into serious financial trouble as medical costs rack up fast.
What documents do I need to visit Morocco?
British passport holders can travel in Morocco for up to 90 days without needing a visa. But it’s important to make sure that your passport is stamped when you enter the country, as without this you can have issues when leaving.
You should also visit your doctor at least eight weeks before you travel to check any vaccinations or vaccination certificates you need to enter Morocco.
For a secure and memorable adventure in Morocco, get a quote from Quotezone.co.uk. We allow you to quickly compare quotes from 30 UK travel insurers with a single form. Start your journey with peace of mind, ready to create unforgettable memories in Morocco.