Get cheap travel insurance for South America now
Cheap Travel Insurance for South America
- Compare up to 30 providers
- Access Cashback & Rewards
- 97% of reviewers recommend us
Search and compare cheap quotes from up to 30 UK travel insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Search up to 30 different travel insurance providers
Quotezone increases your chance of finding a great deal by searching the market for you.
Buy online or by phone
Purchase your travel policy quickly and easily, monthly and annual payment options available.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
excellent service/well pleased/very satisfied
Best search site. Came up with the cheapest.
Stepney, United Kingdom
4.75/5 from 3016 customer reviews
South America Travel Insurance UK
Travelling through the diverse and exciting countries of South America is an incredible adventure. From Columbia and Peru to Argentina, Guyana, and Brazil, you’ll find unique cultures and unforgettable new experiences.
Like with any adventure that takes you outside of your comfort zone, things can often go wrong. But having specialised travel insurance for South America can offer you protection and support for problems like missed flights, theft, medical expenses, and more.
Cheap Travel Insurance South America
Comparison has become an essential step for buying any type of insurance. And for good reason. Comparing quotes lets you quickly evaluate policies from multiple insurers so you can choose the best travel insurance for South America for your needs and budget.
At Quotezone.co.uk, we quickly match you to quotes from 30 trusted UK travel insurance providers. So you can be sure that you are not paying more for the same level of coverage.
Do I need travel insurance for South America?
While it’s not mandatory, travel insurance is highly recommended for your personal and financial protection while abroad. The quality and level of access to healthcare can vary greatly across the 12 countries of South America. And with travel insurance, you can be sure you won’t have to compromise on your healthcare.
Travelling without a South American travel insurance UK policy can put you under serious financial strain if you have to cover the cost of unexpected events alone. These can vary from minor expenses like replacing a stolen phone or passport, to more extreme costs like medical bills, damage to third parties, and legal fees.
What is the best travel insurance for South America?
To get comprehensive coverage on travel insurance for South America, you will need to make sure it includes protection for your specific needs. These will depend on the nature of your trip, your health needs, and what you plan to do on your holiday.
Your main options within travel insurance South America coverage include:
- Single trip insurance – This is perfect for one-time holidays with pre-planned arrival and departure dates.
- Annual multi-trip insurance – This can be a cost-effective option if you plan to travel multiple times a year.
- Backpacker insurance – This is the ideal travel insurance South America policy if you are backpacking the continent.
These policies can be customised further if you need extra protection. Common add-ons to travel insurance for South America include:
- Activity coverage – Covers you for higher-risk activities such as trekking, water sports, or rock climbing.
- Cruise protection – If you are visiting South America on a cruise this can protect you from issues with unexpected schedule changes or missed departures.
- Gadget coverage – Protects your valuable electronics and devices against theft, loss, or damage.
What our experts say:
“It’s also worth noting that most standard travel insurance policies don’t cover loss or theft of cash, so if holidaymakers intend on taking a large sum of cash with them, it would be worth speaking to their insurance provider and adding on any additional cover they need.” – Greg Wilson, Founder and CEO of Quotezone.co.uk
What is covered under travel insurance for South America?
South American travel insurance UK policies give you protection from a wide range of issues including your travel plans, health insurance coverage, and protection for your possessions and finances.
- Cancellation – Covers non-refundable expenses if your trip gets cancelled due to reasons outlined in your policy.
- Curtailment – Protects your invested costs if you have to cut your trip short for reasons stated in your policy.
- Delayed baggage – Covers your necessary items if your luggage is delayed for over 12 hours.
- Missed departure – Pays for accommodation and alternative travel plans up to your policy limits if you miss your scheduled transportation.
- Delayed travel – Offers compensation for additional expenses you are faced with because of a delayed departure, usually paid in set intervals after a 12-hour delay.
- Medical expenses – Assists with emergency medical treatment and additional expenses like accommodation or travel costs as a result of accidents or illnesses.
- Repatriation – Covers your return to the UK for medical needs or to transport remains in case of death.
- Hospital benefit – Provides a limited daily allowance during hospitalisation for unexpected illness or injury.
- Personal accident – Offers financial aid for severe injuries resulting in death, limb loss, blindness, or permanent disability.
Finances and Possessions
- Personal liability – Covers costs you’re legally responsible for due to causing the injury or death of a third party.
- Lost documents – Pays for the expense of replacing crucial documents you need to get home, like a passport.
- Baggage loss – Protects against lost or stolen baggage during your travels.
- Theft – Provides financial support in case your belongings are stolen.
- Personal property – Covers lost, stolen, or damaged personal possessions within policy limits and exclusions for high-value items.
What is excluded from South American travel insurance UK coverage?
There are some things travel insurance South America policies typically won’t cover, and these are important to be aware of when you are travelling:
- Pre-existing medical conditions – Specialist insurance for existing medical conditions may be necessary for existing conditions. It is essential to declare all conditions to your insurer to avoid invalidating your coverage.
- Intoxication – Accidents under the influence of drugs or alcohol might not be covered.
- High-risk activities – Extreme sports often need additional coverage beyond standard insurance.
- Unexpected events – Terrorism, civil unrest, or natural disasters may not be covered by all policies.
- Illegal actions – Claims from illegal activities won’t be covered. It’s important to be aware of and adhere to local laws and customs in whatever area of South America you are visiting.
- Travelling against government advice – Travel insurance might not cover trips that are taken against official advice from The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO).
Your adventure should begin with finding the right travel insurance for South America. And we are here to make it simple by quickly comparing 30 UK travel insurers so you can get the coverage you need. Get a quote now at Quotezone.co.uk.