Compare Travel Insurance with Gadget Cover
Cheap Travel Insurance with Gadget Cover
- Compare up to 30 providers
- Access Cashback & Rewards
- 97% of reviewers recommend us
Search and compare cheap quotes from up to 30 UK travel insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Search up to 30 different travel insurance providers
Quotezone increases your chance of finding a great deal by searching the market for you.
Buy online or by phone
Purchase your travel policy quickly and easily, monthly and annual payment options available.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
Thank you this is best one
London, United Kingdom
Very easy website to use, vast amount of quotes to choose from and lots of information about each policy. Good prices as well.
4.75/5 from 2913 customer reviews
Gadget Travel Insurance: compare cheap quotes online
Even if you think you travel light, chances are you’re carrying around more tech than you realise. From your iPhone to your Kindle e-reader, and from your digital camera to your iPad or laptop, there is a surprisingly large number of devices we take with us when head off.
If you’re taking any tech on holiday with you it’s likely to be worth quite a lot of money, which is why it makes sense to protect your devices with a travel insurance policy that includes gadget cover.
Aren’t my gadgets already covered by travel insurance?
Not all travel insurance policies include gadget cover as standard, but you can often pay a little more and have it added to your insurance policy, or you can choose to buy a standalone policy instead.
It’s also worth bearing in mind that some travel insurance policies that do include gadget cover as standard might not give you the level of protection you need or want – for example, you might not be covered for loss, accidental damage or water damage.
What devices are covered by travel gadget insurance?
What’s covered will vary from one insurance provider to the next, but in general if you take out a gadget travel insurance policy (or add it to your travel insurance as an optional add-on) the following devices will usually be covered:
- E-readers (for example a Kindle or Kobo)
- Tablets (such as iPad, Microsoft Surfact or Kindle Fire)
- Sat Navs
- Games consoles
- Portable DVD players
- MP3 players
- Headphones or airpods
What sort of incidents does gadget travel insurance cover?
This varies from one provider to the next, and will also be based on the level of cover you opt for. As a general rule of thumb, the more comprehensive your policy the more likely you are to be covered for a wide range of incidents, including:
- Accidental damage – covers the cost of repairing or replacing items that are accidently broken or damaged
- Liquid/water damage – covers the cost of repairs or a replacement if you accidently spill a drink (for example) over your tech
- Theft – pays to replace your gadget (or the parts that were stolen)
- Unauthorised use – compensates you for data used or calls made without your knowledge.
While accidental damage is likely to be the most common type of issue you might face, it’s important to bear in mind that many insurance providers don’t include this as standard, so you may have to opt to add it to your policy as a optional extra.
What levels of gadget cover travel insurance are there?
Insurers typically offer different levels of cover, ranging from a basic policy with a modest level of compensation, to a more comprehensive policy. As a rough guide, here are a few examples of what insurers might offer:
- Basic policy – cover for up to three items with a maximum pay out of £1,000
- Mid-level policy – cover for up to five items with a maximum pay out of £2,000
- Comprehensive policy – covers up to seven items with a maximum pay out of £3000.
It’s a good idea to think about what gadgets you plan to take and the value of each one, as this can help you choose the best policy for your needs.
If you’re taking anything particularly expensive, look out for the single item limit – this is the maximum you’ll get for one item. So, make sure it’s enough to cover the cost of a replacement.
Do I really need holiday gadget insurance?
It’s up to you whether you choose to buy gadget travel insurance, but a survey carried out by the RAC revealed that more than a quarter of travellers took between £200 and £300 worth of electronics on holiday, while more than 50% of families took six or more devices away with them.
With that in mind, it makes a lot of sense to go travel insurance digging in order to make sure that gadgets actually are covered in your existing policy’s insurance documentation. If not, bolting on additional gadget cover or taking out a standalone policy could provide real peace of mind and save you money if something does happen.
What exclusions should I know about when I’m taking out travel insurance with gadget cover?
An exclusion is a reason why your insurer can refuse to pay out. Almost all providers have exclusions but they can vary so always read the small print to check you’re happy with the conditions set.
Some of the possible gadget cover exclusions are:
- Older devices – some policies won’t cover gadgets that are over three years old
- No proof of ownership – you may have to show proof that you own a device so keep a copy of the receipt
- Negligence on your part – insurers can refuse compensation if they consider a claim to be the result of negligence, for instance if your iPhone was stolen because you left it lying around in a café or bar
- Travelling to certain destinations – insurers will usually cover your gadgets throughout Europe and in most worldwide destinations too, but pay attention to the small print if you’re venturing off somewhere out of the ordinary. Typically, you won’t be covered if you go to a country the Foreign Office has advised travellers not to visit.
Compare travel insurance with gadget cover
Accidents can happen anywhere, but knowing your travel insurance will compensate you can help to soften the blow.
At Quotezone.co.uk, we know just how important it is to have a policy that suits your needs, which is why we make searching for travel insurance quick and easy. Simply fill in one short form to compare travel insurance with gadget cover from a wide range of providers.