Toyota Hiace Campervan Insurance
Cheap Toyota Hiace Campervan Insurance Quotes
- Quotes from UK insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money
Don’t have your registration number? No problem, click here.
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
First insurance I obtained. Good quotes and easy to distinguish which policy might be best for me ie with or without black box etc
Basildon, United Kingdom
Thank you this is best one
London, United Kingdom
4.75/5 from 2915 customer reviews
Toyota Hiace Campervan Insurance
Thanks to its versatility and reliability, the Toyota Hiace is a familiar sight on UK roads. Used as sturdy work vans and minibuses, the Hiace is also an ideal campervan and a great way to explore coastlines and countryside. For cover that gives you the confidence to keep on exploring, here’s what to consider when it comes to your Toyota campervan insurance.
What does Toyota Hiace campervan insurance cover?
Policies cover a range of different events, including incidents like theft or damage if you’re in an accident. The specific events that are covered will depend on the level of cover you opt for – there are three to choose from:
- Third-party only – these policies compensate other people for injuries or damage you cause but they won’t compensate you for damage to your Hiace. This is the minimum level of cover you can have by law.
- Third-party, fire and theft – as well as third-party only cover, these policies will also compensate you if your Hiace is stolen or damaged by fire.
- Comprehensive – provides third-party, fire and theft cover and will also compensate you if your Hiace is damaged in an accident that you caused. It’s the highest level of cover you can buy.
What other features should I look for?
Insurers will also offer a range of other features when you’re taking out campervan insurance. Some of these may be included within a standard comprehensive insurance policy. If they aren’t, you’ll be able to add them on as an optional extra but this will increase what you pay overall.
Extra features that are usually offered, include cover for:
- Accidental misfuelling
- European travel
- Windscreen and glass
- Legal expenses
- Personal possessions and camping equipment
What is an agreed value in Hiace camper insurance?
Agreed value is when you and your insurer jointly decide what your campervan is worth. If you make a claim for theft or your camper is written off, your insurer will pay out the agreed value instead of the market value, which could be much lower.
Bear in mind that not all insurers automatically offer an agreed value. Nevertheless, if you’ve spent time, money and effort upgrading, converting or modifying your Hiace, it could be a worthwhile option that ensures you recoup its true value.
Do I need Hiace campervan insurance all year round?
The law of continuous insurance enforcement (CIE) means that all vehicles in the UK must be insured at all times.
The only time you can go without vehicle insurance, is if you arrange a SORN (statutory off road notification). This is an official declaration that you’ve taken your camper ‘off the road’.
It’s up to you to decide the length of time the SORN is in place for. So, for example if you only use you Hiace a couple of weeks a year, you can SORN it for the remaining months.
If you don’t have insurance or a SORN, you can be fined and given six penalty points. If your case goes to court you could also have your driving licence taken away.
Is short-term Toyota campervan insurance available?
If you do only use your camper occasionally, a short-term or temporary policy could be a good alternative.
Short-term Toyota campervan insurance can last for a day up to several weeks. This flexibility means you only need to insure it when it’s actually in use – saving you money in the long-term (just remember to SORN your Hiace at all other times).
Most short-term policies will give you the option of extending cover for a longer period if you need to. But if you find yourself doing this on a regular basis, an annual policy may be better value, as year-long policies tend to work out cheaper per day.
How much does Toyota campervan insurance cost?
Insurers consider a whole host of factors to work out your Hiace campervan insurance, for example:
- Age – research shows under 25s are more likely to be involved in an accident which leads to significantly higher premiums for young drivers.
- Security – you can shave a few pounds off your premium by keeping your Hiace as secure as possible. If you can’t keep it in a locked garage or private driveway, you could invest in an alarm system, tracker or immobiliser.
- Mileage – the more miles you cover, the greater the risk of an accident which drives up the cost of cover.
- Use – using your Hiace as a business or commercial vehicle can increase your premium as there’s a bigger risk of damage or theft.
- Modifications – these can lead to higher premiums as your Hiace will cost more to repair or replace.
How can I cut the cost of my Hiace camper insurance?
The policy you choose should give you the protection you need. Cheaper policies might look like great value but if you have to add on lots of extras, premiums can dramatically increase.
On the flip side, pricier policies may already increase a broad range of features and offer better all-round cover and value. That said, there are ways you can lower insurance costs without compromising on cover, such as:
- Pay for your policy in one go.
- Add a more experienced named driver to your policy.
- Increase your excess.
- Limit the miles you do.
- Only buy the features you really need.