Compare car finance deals
Best available rates guaranteed
- Quick and easy application form takes just 2 minutes to complete
- Get a personalised rate from our multitude of lenders
- Best available rates guaranteed
- Rates from 6.9%, representative APR 16.6%*
What people have to say about us
Very easy to use website would definitely recommend!
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Easy web site to use also got my car insurance 150 pounds cheaper well worth the visit to Quotezone
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4.74/5 from 2242 customer reviews
Compare car finance
Searching through the many car finance deals available on the market can be a time consuming and confusing task. The complexity and quantity of car loans and the companies providing them means that you can sometimes have a hard time have finding a deal that’s right for you.
That’s why Quotezone.co.uk has teamed up with Flow Car Finance, to take all the hassle out of finding the right finance deal for your new set of wheels.
How do car loans work?
Car finance is essentially a credit plan used for purchasing a car. You pay off the value of the vehicle with monthly repayments, therefore spreading the initial cost and making it easier to manage.
When buying a car on finance, the total cost of the loan will depend on how much the car costs as well as the interest rate charged. There are various aspects that will affect the term and the interest rate of the loan, including:
- Your credit score – Although you may have a good credit score and are able to borrow a larger amount, this does not mean that you will be able to afford the repayments. You need to calculate all of your outgoings and be confident that all repayments can be made on time for the full term of the credit agreement.
- Your income – Income will be one of the most important criteria when applying for a loan. Having a full-time job reassures the lender that you will be able to make your payments on time every month. However, the size of your pay packet is not the only factor. Having a regular salary could make it easier to secure a loan rather than being self-employed.
- Your preferred term – The longer the term of the loan, the greater the interest that will be paid on it. Terms can range from 36-72 months and interest rates vary depending on the length of the term. Ultimately, choosing a term will come down to how much you can afford to pay monthly. If you can afford higher instalments, the term will be shorter and the total interest paid will be lower.
- The deposit – You should put down the biggest deposit that you can. In general, a higher deposit will mean lower monthly repayments. You should also be aware of any additional charges, such as an early repayment fee, as this will have an effect on the total cost of the loan.
Are there different types of car loans?
There are several different ways to finance the purchase of car. You could take out a personal loan, for example. However, the usual and most simple way is through hire purchase. You will usually pay a deposit, 10% is common, and then make fixed monthly payments over an agreed period. You should remember that the car does not belong to you until you have made the final payment, as the loan is secured against the car. Therefore if you miss payments, you could lose the car.
How do car loan comparison sites work?
Quotezone.co.uk has teamed up with Flow Car Finance to help you compare car finance deals from a range of different lenders and choose the loan that’s right for you.
When searching for a car finance deal you will be asked to provide your personal information and the details of the car you want to buy on finance, and the site returns to you the details of several providers with their quotes organised by order of best value. You can then choose the one which best suits your needs and which is affordable in your circumstances.
What are the benefits of using a comparison site?
By using our car finance comparison service you could:
- Save money
Checking quotes from hundreds of lenders and sorting them by price allows you to select the cheapest option. As well as the more well-known lenders, a price comparison site will usually include many lesser-known lenders, you may find a deal from a smaller company that saves you a significant amount of money.
- Save time
Getting a number of loan quotes all in one place is a huge timesaver, saving you the time of searching many individual websites. A comparison site will also let you create an account and save your list of quotes, preventing you from having to re-enter your details if you return to the site at a later date.
Is there anything else I need to consider?
You may want to part-exchange your old vehicle. If you are short of cash, you may be able to part-exchange your current car against the deposit. Or you could part-exchange against the transaction itself, reducing the monthly payments. Either way, this is a good way of offloading your old car, as it removes the time and effort of selling it yourself.
*Example: Borrowing £12,500 over 5 years with no deposit at a fixed APR of 16.6%. 60 monthly payments of £300.38. Option to purchase fee of £10 on final payment. Total cost of credit of £5522.71 and total amount payable of £18022.71 Finance subject to status 18+ only.