Compare HGV insurance quotes now
Cheap HGV Insurance
- Quotes from UK insurance providers
- One short form – save time u0026 money
Policies and deals from industry leading insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Our quote form uses 128-bit SSL encryption for your peace of mind.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
I like the proactive way existing customers and potential customers are engaged with reminders about renewal of policies and offer of new and cost efficient and customer-friendly quotes. Plus introduction to other insurance services.
Quick easy and competitive
Banbury, United Kingdom
4.74/5 from 2180 customer reviews
HGV Insurance – Compare Cheap Quotes
If you run a business that relies on heavy goods vehicles for its business operations then it’s vital that you have the best possible HGV insurance in place to protect your company’s assets.
However, just because you need a good HGV insurance policy doesn’t mean you should pay over the odds for it – and that’s where we come in.
Quotezone.co.uk’s truck insurance comparison service can help you compare HGV insurance quotes from a wide range of different providers, which could increase your odds of finding the right HGV insurance at the best possible price.
How much does HGV insurance cost?
The insurance premium calculation for insuring a heavy goods vehicle is dependent on a wide range of different factors, including the age and type vehicle, where you keep the HGV when you aren’t driving it, your estimated annual mileage, where you operate your heavy goods vehicle, your driving record and whether or not you have any points on your HGV licence, the level of cover that you require and how many years’ no-claims bonus you have.
Given how many variables influence the insurance premium calculation, the only way to get an accurate idea of how much your HGV insurance might cost is to compare insurance quotes from a number of different insurance providers and then go with the one that offers the best HGV insurance coverage at the best price.
Does HGV insurance cover me if I’m carrying hazardous materials?
Yes, it should still be possible to find suitable HGV insurance even if you use your vehicle to transport hazardous materials.
However, it’s vital that you declare this fact to insurers, as failure to do so could result in your policy being cancelled.
Is it possible to take out ‘third party only’ HGV insurance?
Yes, as with car insurance, HGV insurance offers three levels of coverage:
- Third party only HGV insurance
- Third party, fire and theft
- Fully comprehensive HGV insurance
Third party only HGV insurance is the minimum level of coverage required by law in the UK, so it should be possible to find an HGV insurance specialist who is willing to offer third party HGV insurance.
However, it’s important to be aware of the limitations of this type of policy. As the name suggests, it is only designed to protect third parties if your heavy goods vehicle is involved in an accident, and won’t cover any repairs to your own vehicle.
How can I find cheap HGV insurance?
Most HGV operators would likely never describe their HGV insurance as ‘cheap’, but there are a few steps you can take to increase your odds of finding cheaper HGV insurance, such as:
- Shopping around for the best deals – First and foremost, HGV operators and fleet managers should shop around for the best HGV insurance deals by using a price comparison site like Quotezone.co.uk, which can help HGV drivers compare quotes from a range of different truck insurance specialists.
- Avoiding ‘any driver’ HGV insurance policies – Lorry insurance policies that insure any licenced truck driver to drive that heavy goods vehicle tend to be the most expensive option, because the insurer won’t have any information about the driver(s). It’s usually cheaper to add multiple named drivers to an HGV insurance policy than it is to opt for ‘any driver’ HGV insurance.
- Avoid younger, less experienced HGV drivers if possible – HGV insurance for young drivers tends to be very expensive, so it would be a wise idea to hire experienced heavy goods vehicle operators with clean driving records if at all possible.