Compare minibus insurance quotes now
Cheap Minibus Insurance
- Quotes from UK insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Our quote form uses 128-bit SSL encryption for your peace of mind.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
Quick and easy to use found what I was looking for and saved £150 on my renewal quote
, United Kingdom
, United Kingdom
4.75/5 from 2079 customer reviews
Compare minibus insurance quotes with Quotezone’s panel of UK providers.
Regardless of whether you operate a public hire or private hire vehicle, cheap minibus insurance is going to be very important to you.
No matter how you use your minibus, whether it’s for work or personal use, it’s important to have the right kind of cover. Without it, you risk paying for costly repairs yourself. To ensure you get the protection you need, here’s what to consider when it comes to minibus insurance.
What counts as a minibus?
Generally speaking, a minibus has nine or more passenger seats. The maximum number of seats varies by insurer but it’s typically up to 17. Anything more than that and your vehicle would likely be classed as a coach.
What type of minibus insurance do I need?
Your policy should cover all your needs so when you search quotes for minibus insurance online, have a think about:
- The level of cover you need – comprehensive cover could be a good choice if your minibus is new or expensive and repairs are likely to cost a lot. On the other hand, if your minibus is older, third party, fire and theft might offer better value.
- Whether you need any extra features – cheap minibus insurance policies might not include as many features as you’d like which can mean adding them on for a price. In contrast, pricier policies could include lots of features as standard making them more cost effective.
- The most appropriate class of use – your insurer can help you with this if you’re not sure what’s best.
What does minibus insurance cover?
Like most other types of vehicle insurance, you can choose from one of three levels of cover:
- Third party only – this covers injury and damage to other people and their property, including any passengers in your minibus. Third party only does not compensate you for injury and it won’t pay to repair or replace your minibus.
- Third party, fire and theft – includes third party only cover and will also pay for repairs or a replacement minibus if yours is stolen or damaged by fire.
- Comprehensive – provides third party, fire and theft cover and will also compensate you for injury and damage to your minibus, even if an accident was considered your fault.
Policies will also include a range of other features, but these can differ across insurers and some will offer more as standard than others. If a feature isn’t included as standard, you should be able to add it on for a small increase in your premium.
Popular add-ons include:
- Breakdown cover for roadside emergencies.
- European cover if you take your minibus over to the continent.
- Trailer cover.
- No claims bonus protection.
What does ‘class of use’ mean?
Class of use just describes the way you use your minibus, for example social, domestic, pleasure or business use.
Whatever policy you choose should reflect the way your minibus is used. If it doesn’t, you risk invalidating your policy which means your insurer can refuse to pay out if you need to claim.
Most insurers are flexible when it comes to arranging insurance for minibuses so even if you use it in a variety of ways, your policy can be tailored to suit you. Examples of the different ways you might use your minibus include:
- Personal use – if you use your minibus just for social, domestic and pleasure purposes.
- Taxi, private or contract hire – if you use your minibus to carry paying passengers, you’ll need insurance that includes hire and reward; for example, if you use your minibus for airport runs.
- Carriage of passengers – suitable if you carry passengers who don’t pay; for example, if your minibus is used for a school, sports club, church or charity.
How much does minibus insurance cost?
Cost depends on a number of different factors and insurers will take all these into consideration to work out your premium, such as:
- The value of your minibus – new or expensive vehicles generally cost more to insure.
- Your age – younger drivers tend to pay more for insurance.
- Security – the more secure your minibus, the more competitive your premium is likely to be.
How can I get cheap minibus insurance?
The quickest and easiest way to find cheap minibus insurance quotes is to search online. Simply answer a few questions and we’ll connect you with the most suitable minibus insurance providers from our range of panel members.