Life Insurance for Doctors
Doctors Life Insurance Quotes
- Policies from top UK insurance providers
- Life insurance for doctors in minutes
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Our quote form uses 128-bit SSL encryption for your peace of mind.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
Thank you this is best one
London, United Kingdom
Very easy website to use, vast amount of quotes to choose from and lots of information about each policy. Good prices as well.
4.75/5 from 2913 customer reviews
Life Insurance for Doctors
Find a cheap quote on doctors life insurance
Most doctors understand the importance of life insurance but their busy lives don’t leave much time for looking at premiums. Quotezone can help. More than 3 million customers use our comparison tool to compare insurance policies and you’ll have a range of cheap quotes for doctors life insurance within moments. Compare quotes from over 100 providers across the UK with our independent, unbiased service.
If you still have questions, read on to find out the key things to look at when taking out life insurance for doctors. A doctors life can be stressful, your insurance doesn’t need to be.
Is life insurance for doctors more expensive than standard life insurance?
It’s important that you give your insurer as much information as possible about the nature of your medical work. Then they can accurately assess the risks associated with your work.
The insurer is interested to know if you’re at risk from exposure to infectious diseases, toxic substances, or high levels of stress. If you’re not, then just tell them.
Do NHS doctors need life insurance?
Doctors who work within the NHS are eligible for the death in service benefit as part of their NHS pension scheme. This pays out a lump sum on the death of a Doctor which may provide enough financial support for the doctor’s loved ones. If it doesn’t, the doctor may wish to take out personal life insurance cover too.
What are the options for doctors life insurance?
There are several types of life insurance to choose from, including:
- Whole of life insurance – which pays out whatever age you die, and is therefore the most expensive option
- Term life insurance – which allows you to choose a set term, often coinciding with paying off a mortgage
- Increasing cover – where the premium increases with inflation
- Decreasing cover – where the level of financial cover drops annually, usually linked to a mortgage that decreases as it’s paid off
- Level life cover – which offers a fixed term for the premium, meaning it isn’t affected by inflation or decreasing financial requirements.
What affects the cost of life insurance for doctors?
After the risks associated with working in the medical field are assessed, other key factors which will determine the cost of the policy include:
- The type of policy and length of the term. Whole of life and longer-term policies will naturally be more expensive
- The payout (sum assured) – a higher payout means a larger premium
- Pre-existing health conditions – certain health issues and a high BMI will be seen as a liability and can increase the cost of a policy
- Lifestyle – smokers will pay more for their policy due to the associated health risks. Any high-risk activities or hobbies will be assessed.