Quotezone is a trading name of Seopa Limited which is registered in Northern Ireland with company number NI046322 and has its registered office at 5th Floor Link Building, Adelaide Exchange, 24-26 Adelaide Street, Belfast, BT2 8GD. We respect the privacy of visitors to our website. Seopa Limited is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioners Office; its registration number is Z8733752. When we refer to we, us, Quotezone, or Seopa we are referring to this company.
This policy applies to all users of our website and/or our comparison services.
This policy applies to the information which we may hold about you. This includes:
- information you provide during any quote process, such as your name, your age and your contact details;
- information you provide when you enter prize draws, competitions or provide reviews;
- information which we may obtain about you from third parties (for example, because you have given third parties permission to share that information with us). For instance, this might be from providers if you decide to proceed to purchase a policy after obtaining a quote on our website;
2 Our obligations
We are a data controller in relation to the information that we collect and hold about you. As a result, we are legally responsible for how that information is handled by us. The nature of our services mean that we may transfer information (including personal data) about you to third parties (who will also be acting as controllers in respect of that data). This policy only deals with how we handle personal data relating to you.
We will comply with data protection law in the way we use and share your personal data. Among other things, this means that we will only use your personal data:
- fairly and lawfully,
- as set out in the legislation and this policy,
- to the extent necessary for these purposes.
We will take every reasonable precaution to safeguard the personal information that you supply.
If you have any queries relating to our use of your personal information, or any other related data protection questions, please contact us at ku tod oc tod enozetouq ta ofni
3 Our services and the personal information we collect
If you give us your personal information, we will use it to provide you with the quote comparison information you request (including the annual renewal service - see section 4). If you request a quote comparison through our website, we will forward the personal information you submit to providers to enable us to obtain a quote for you. The providers may use your personal information for their own purposes, as set out further below.We cannot provide a quote comparison to you unless we are able to share your personal information in this way.
Please note that we can offer both online and offline insurance comparison services depending upon the product you wish to receive a quote on.
Note that it is your responsibility to check and ensure that all information, content, material or data you provide on our website is correct, complete, accurate and not misleading and that you disclose all relevant facts.
We make sure that we have appropriate security measures to protect your information (see section 14 Security below).We will periodically review your personal information to ensure that we do not keep it for longer than is permitted by law (see section 9 below which details how long we keep your personal information for).
Special Categories Data
In order to provide you with a quote we may need to collect personal information which data protection legislation defines as special categories data, such as medical history or criminal convictions. We may also need to share this data with providers to enable them to generate their quotes for you. We may process this data because it is in the substantial public interest to do so for the purposes of arranging and/or advising on contracts of insurance.
Providing data about other people
4 How we use your data and communications from us
We will use your data in the following ways:
- use of our services - we will use your personal data to provide you with the service you request. See Section 3 above in relation to our services;
- for research, such as analysing market trends and gathering information on how you use our website and pages you have viewed;
- to process a transaction between you and a third party (where applicable);
- to track sales, which may involve us sharing data with your provider relating to the product(s) you havepurchased. Your provider may also send us information they hold relating to the product(s) you have purchased for this purpose;
- to communicate with you as follows:
When you obtain (or request) a quote with us, you will automatically be sent confirmation of your quote (or confirmation of your quote request when using our offline insurance comparison service) by email so that you have a record of it and can easily retrieve your quote (where applicable) in the future. This is a standard part of the service that we offer.
Being kept up to date by us
Where you tell us you are happy to receive information from us we may send you communications which may include the following:-
- Further information about the services we offer
- New product launches
- Any interesting competitions or promotions run by us
- Opportunities to participate in market research or provide reviews about quotezone.co.uk
Depending on the contact preferences you select, we may communicate with you by email, SMS, post and telephone.
Annual renewal service
As part of our service, we may also contact you by email and/or SMS around the anniversary of when you completed your quote in order to remind you to carry out a new quote for the forthcoming year. We believe that this is an important part of the service to help ensure you do not forget to renew your insurance. As part of this service we may also resubmit your quote details to give you an idea of what your quotes could be for your next renewal. In order to provide this service to you, we may send that information to our insurance providers so that they can calculate their quotes. When they do this, our insurance providers may carry out “soft” credit checks on you with credit reference agencies, and these checks may be performed ahead of the renewal date. You may see these “soft” credit checks on your credit report but they will have no impact on your credit rating (please see section 7 for more details on soft credit checks).
If you don’t want to receive communications from us you can let us know at any time by unsubscribing via our opt out centre or through our contact us page. You can use this unsubscribe option at any time. Also, if you initially decided to receive updates from us but then changed your mind you can always use the unsubscribe link in our e-mail communications. You can also opt out of SMS contact (in addition to the above mentioned opt out options) by following the instructions on the SMS you receive – please note that you may be charged at your standard network rate for opting out in this way.
5 The legal basis for processing your personal information
Data protection law says that we are allowed to use personal information only if we have a proper reason to do so such as consent or legitimate interests.
Our grounds for processing your personal information are as follows:
1. Consent – Where we rely on this legal basis, we will collect and process your personal information only if you have given your consent for us to do so, for example, we will only send you certain marketing emails where you have agreed to this.
You can withdraw your consent at any time. Please contact us if you want to do so.
2. Legitimate Interests - A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information. But even then, it must not unfairly go against what is right and best for you. We may use and process some of your personal information where we have legitimate business grounds for doing so. We have carried out a legitimate interest assessment in respect of each processing activity for which legitimate interest is our lawful basis. Our legitimate interests for processing your personal information are:
- 2.1in relation to certain aspects of our services: the use of data processors in respect to the provision of the services (as described at section 6); processing any transaction between you and a third party; and tracking sales. Using your information in this way is an essential part of us being able to provide the services to you;
- 2.2service communications:we need to keep you informed about your use of the services for example and in respect to the annual renewal service (see section 4 for more information); and
- 2.3 to monitor and improve our service: we may use your personal information for research, such as analysing market trends and gathering information on how you use our website and pages you have viewed.
You have a right to object to our use of your personal information for these legitimate interests (please see section 13 below).
3. Contract – It may be necessary for us to process your personal information to perform a contract to which you are party (e.g. providing you with a service), or to take steps at your request to you entering into a contract.
6 Who do we share your personal information with
When you use any of our services, we may disclose your personal information to the following parties:
- 1. Providers
- 2. Data Processors
In order to provide the services, we may use third parties to process personal information on our behalf for tasks such as vehicle look up, house rebuild value, post code look up, host service provider and facilitating email communications with you. Also, for some products we may use quote facilities used by the provider to help facilitate the provision of a quote for you. The companies that provide these quote facilities act as data processors for us and/or the provider.
We may also use certain data processors for analytical purposes, for example, to help us understand how well our website is performing and how you use our website.
- 3. Regulatory or governing bodies
We may need to pass information including personal data such asto regulatory bodies such as the Financial Conduct Authority for the purposes of compliance monitoring. This is a legal or regulatory obligation on us.
- 4. Introducer websites
Where you have been introduced to our website from another independent website (introducer website), and where you have provided the necessary consent on our quote form, we may send that introducer website certain personal information relating to you for reasons which you have agreed to. We are not responsible or liable for the use or processing by the introducer of that data.
Where permitted by data protection and privacy law, we may also disclose information about you (including electronic identifiers such as IP addresses):
- if required or permitted to do so by law;
- if required to do so by any court, the Financial Conduct Authority, the Competition and Markets Authority or any other applicable regulatory, compliance, Governmental or law enforcement agency;
- if necessary in connection with legal proceedings or potential legal proceedings; and/or
- in connection with the sale or potential sale of all or part of our business.
If we reasonably believe false or inaccurate information has been provided and fraud is suspected, details may be passed to fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and money laundering.
7 How do providers use your personal data
To ensure providers have the necessary facts to assess your insurance risk, verify your identity, to help prevent fraud and to provide you with their best premium and payment options, they may obtain information from third parties at quotation and renewal and in certain circumstances where policy amendments are requested. The checks may be against both public data (such as information from the electoral roll) and private data (such as your credit history).
This information may include a quotation search from a credit referencing agency. This search will appear on your credit report and will be visible to other credit providers. It will be clear that this is a quotation rather than a credit application by you to pay by monthly installments. This may happen regardless of whether you get a quote via the internet or phone for any of these services.
Some providers may use the personal data you provide to obtain a quote for their own internal purposes such as fraud prevention or for internal analysis (such as monitoring customer demographics, market trends or pricing analysis). Some of the providers may also use personal data they hold about you (or which is held by other members of their group or in some instances the company whose brand is administered by them) from loyalty schemes and other account information. Some providers may pass this personal data to their insurance underwriters.
Providers may also exchange information about you through various databases, such as the Claims and Underwriting Exchange (CUE), which holds a record of incidents reported to providers by policyholders and third party claimants, as a way to help prevent fraud. Providers may also exchange information with other databases such as the No Claims Discount Database, the Motor Insurance Anti-Fraud and Theft Register, run by the Association of British Insurers (ABI), and the Hunter Database (a central insurance and claims checking system). Providers may also share information with insurance underwriters. As mentioned above, the exchange of your information in this way allows providers to verify the information that is provided during the quote process and also helps detect fraudulent claims.
If you provide us with your driving licence number (‘DLN’) via our quote form the providers may pass this information to the DVLA in order for a search to be carried out to confirm your (or any named driver’s) licence status, entitlement and relevant restriction information and endorsement/conviction data. Carrying out these searches help providers to validate your information, preventing fraud and reducing incidents of negligent misrepresentation and non-disclosure. DLN searches may be carried out as part of your quote or at any point throughout the duration of your insurance policy. These searches will not appear on your (or the named driver’s) driving licence record information.For details of the information about you that the DVLA may hold, please see https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/driver-and-vehicle-licensing-agency or http://www.mylicence.org.uk/.
Some providers who offer products designed for students or graduates may also undertake additional checks against higher education sources to verify your student or graduate status.
8 Contact from Providers
In relation to our online insurance comparison service, if during the quote process you tell us that you are you happy to be contacted by providers, you agree that your personal data may be used by the top three competing providers who provided you with the cheapest quotes to contact you with a view to seeing if you are interested in purchasing the quoted product.
Please note that the companies contacting you are solely based on the cheapest price retrieved not exclusively based on the cover you selected.
Where our offline insurance comparison service is used, up to 5 providers will contact you directly to provide a quote by telephone and where you have provided consent, by email and/or SMS.
If you no longer wish to be contacted by providers for marketing purposes, please follow the instructions in their marketing communications, or consult their privacy policies for further information about unsubscribing.
9 How long do we retain your personal information
Seopa Limited is regulated and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for non-investment insurance mediation and credit broking. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for data protection. As part of our FCA authorisation we have to comply with certain requirements in respect of the Financial Ombudsman Service and the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. All these obligations places certain recording keeping requirements and the need to co-operate and share information with these legal entities where requested to do so.
We also handle the above data for our own legitimate business interests including but not limited to, the keeping of records and accounts, staff training and monitoring, recording sales or quotation requests generated, communicating with providers and in marketing out other similar services to you or reminding you if a renewal comes up.
10. Do we pass data to third parties
11. Transferring your data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
From time to time there may be a requirement to process your personal data in other countries outside of the European Economic Area where data protection safeguards differ to those of the UK. Where this is necessary, we will ensure that your data is kept securely and only processed in accordance with the data protection legislation. Your use of our services will be considered to be an indication of your consent to this transfer.
12. Cookies and IP logging
When you visit our website, our server will automatically record your IP address and the time and duration of your visit. We may also use the records of the pages you visit on this website to analyse trends, administer the site and track your movements through the website so that we can improve the usability of and access to the website.
This website also uses Google Analytics to allow us to monitor how users use our website.
13. Privacy Rights
We respect the fact that your personal information is your information so we want to be clear about what rights you have under data protection legislation and how you can exercise them.
- 1. The right to opt out of having your information used for marketing
Please see section 4 “How we use your data and communications from us”.
- 2. The right to have any inaccuracies in your personal information corrected
Please help us to help you by keeping your contact details up to date and letting us know if you spot any errors in the information we hold about you. If it is something you cannot correct yourself online or when carrying out another quote, you should contact us at ku tod oc tod enozetouq ta ofni. We’ll update inaccuracies promptly, and within a month where possible if you are requesting a more complex change. If we take the decision not to make a change you have requested, we will explain why. If you disagree with our decision, you have the right to complain to the privacy regulator (details set out below).
- 3. Your ‘right of objection’ to certain activities
Data protection law gives you the right to express an objection to activities detailed in section 5 regarding legitimate interests. You may believe your privacy rights outweigh the legitimate interest we have as a business in doing those things. Please read that section carefully before getting in touch with us and note that exercising your right of objection may mean that the service will not be available to you.
In relation to our offline insurance comparison service, some automated decision making may take place in relation to the way we pass your details to providers. This is necessary for providing the service to you. Please do not use our service if you object to the use of your information in this way.
If you raise an objection we will stop processing your personal information unless very exceptional circumstances apply, in which case we will let you know why we are continuing to process your personal information. If you disagree with our decision on this, you have the right to complain to the privacy regulator. \
- 4. Your right to erasure
You have the right to request that we delete or remove your personal information from our systems.
Please see section 9 “How long do we retain your personal information” before contacting us.
If you still wish to exercise your right, you should contact us at ku tod oc tod enozetouq ta ofni and we will respond to your request within a month.
- 5. The right to access the data we hold about you
You have the right to request copies of the personal information we hold about you.
Once we’ve received your request we will provide our response within one month. If your request is unusually complex and likely to take longer than a month, we will let you know as soon as we can and tell you how long we think it will take.
- 6. Your right to restrict our use of your information
You have the right to “block” us from using your personal information or limit the way in which we can use it.
- 7.Your right to ‘Data Portability’
The right to ‘data portability’ aims to enable consumers to re-use some of their personal information online by making it available in a commonly-used, machine-readable format that can be passed to and used by other organisations.
- 8.Exercising your rights
The Data Protection Officer
5th Floor Link Building
24-26 Adelaide Street
We reserve the right, where applicable, to request confirmation of your identity before taking action.
- 9.Your Right to Complain to the Regulator
If you believe your privacy rights have been infringed, or you disagree with a decision we have made about your privacy rights, you have the right to complain to the privacy regulator. As we are based in the UK, our principal data protection regulator is Information Commissioner’s Office, https://ico.org.uk/.
We do our best to keep the information you disclose to us secure. We place a high priority on protecting and managing data in accordance with accepted standards including ISO 27001.
We will also, where it’s appropriate, ensure that our website uses https to help keep information about you secure.
However, we can’t guarantee or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk. By using our website you accept the inherent risks of providing information online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security.
Updated February 2020
Car Insurance Comparison
- Car Insurance
- Temporary Car Insurance
- Polish Car Insurance
- Multi Car Insurance
- Young Drivers Insurance
- Over 50s Car Insurance
- Car Insurance for Young Drivers
- Car Insurance for Teens
- Car Insurance for Women
- Learner Driver Insurance
- One Day Car Insurance
- Car Warranty
- No Deposit Car Insurance
- Car Insurance Company
- Student Car Insurance
- Northern Ireland Car Insurance
- Isle of Man Car Insurance
- Expat Car Insurance
- European Car Insurance
- Local Car Insurance
- Car Insurance for Older Drivers
- Third Party Insurance
- Over 60s Car Insurance
- Over 70s Car Insurance
- Over 80s Car Insurance
- Sports Car Insurance
- Third Party Car Insurance
- Third Party Fire and Theft Car Insurance
- Insurance Comparison Without The Bull
- Fully Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Driving Other Cars Insurance
- Car Insurance for 17-21 Year Olds
- Black Box Car Insurance
- Telematics Car Insurance
- New Driver Insurance
- Provisional Driver Insurance
- Car Insurance for Nurses
- Car Insurance for Doctors
- Car Insurance for NHS Staff
- Car Insurance for Teachers
- Car Insurance for Police Officers
- Car Insurance for Unemployed
- Car Insurance with Bad Credit
- Car Insurance for Girls
- Car Insurance for Bus Drivers
- Car Insurance for HGV Drivers
- Car Insurance for Pensioners
- Car Insurance for First Time Drivers
- Car Insurance for Cancelled Policyholders