Cheap Tradesman Restoration Insurance
Compare cheap tradesman restoration insurance quotes for professionals with Quotezone.co.uk
Whether you’re restoring someone’s property, classic car or furniture, your skills are crucial in bringing someone’s pride and joy back to life, so what happens if something goes wrong? With the right insurance, you can be confident about getting the help you need when you need it most – here’s what to think about.
What is restoration insurance?
It’s a type of tradesman insurance that covers you for the risks you face at work. Policies can compensate you if your tools are stolen or if your workshop is damaged by flood, fire or even vandalism. Policies can also cover the cost of legal fees and compensation claims if you need to defend yourself in court.
What does restoration contractors insurance cover?
Policies combine several different types of insurance aimed at giving your business all-round protection. In most cases, you’ll also be able to bolt on additional features to ensure every aspect of your business is covered. Typical policies usually include two or more of these types of insurance:
- Public liability insurance – covers legal fees and compensation costs if a member of the public blames you for injury or damage to their property and takes you to court.
- Employers’ liability insurance – covers the cost of compensation if an employee is injured or becomes ill because of work. You’ll need this by law if you have any employees.
- Tools and equipment insurance – compensates you for damaged or stolen tools and equipment.
- Personal accident insurance – compensates you for lost income and pays your medical expenses if you have an accident and can’t work.
- Legal expenses – covers legal fees and court costs if you need to settle a dispute.
- Business buildings and contents insurance – covers the cost of repairing, rebuilding or replacing your business premises and contents if damage is caused by an insured event (such as flood, fire or vandalism).
- Contract works insurance – compensates you for unfinished work you need to re-do because it’s been damaged by an insured event.
What level of furniture restoration insurance do I need?
Some levels of cover are set by the insurer – for example tools and equipment insurance could be limited to £10,000. You can of course, ask for a higher level of cover but your premium is likely to increase if you do.
If you need buildings and contents insurance, the level of cover (the sum insured) should be enough to rebuild your business premises and replace all the contents if they were destroyed.
When it comes to public liability insurance, most insurers offer a minimum of £1 million up to as much as £10 million worth of cover and it’s up to you to assess what you need. As a general guide, the higher the risk of a claim, the higher the level of cover should be (for instance if your restoration work brings you into contact with the public).
If you need employers’ liability, then you must have at least £5 million by law. If you’re caught without it, you could face a £2,500 fine for each uninsured day.
How much does restoration insurance cost?
Cost depends on numerous factors – like whether or not you add on extra features, the levels of cover you choose, the size of your business and the type of restoration work you do.
When you compare policies, it’s vital to check exactly what is and isn’t covered and also be aware of the level of excess charged – this is the amount you have to pay towards a claim for it to proceed. Policies that look cheap could have a number of exclusions and could also have high levels of excess compared to policies that initially appear expensive.
Find restoration insurance
At Quotezone.co.uk, we appreciate how valuable your time is when you’re self-employed. We also understand how important it is to balance your budget and find protection that gives you peace of mind without breaking the bank – it’s why we work with a panel of leading UK based insurers.
So, from furniture restoration insurance to classic car restoration insurance, let us help you find what you need –start your quote now.