Compare Cheap Caravanette Insurance Quotes
- Quotes from UK insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
Thank you this is best one
London, United Kingdom
Very easy website to use, vast amount of quotes to choose from and lots of information about each policy. Good prices as well.
4.75/5 from 2914 customer reviews
Caravanette insurance can give you the peace of mind you need in order to enjoy your road trip to the fullest. For a policy you can rely on, here’s what to consider when it comes to choosing the right cover at a price that suits you.
What is a caravanette?
A caravanette is simply another term for a campervan and they’re usually smaller than motorhomes.
Campervans and caravanettes are geared towards travelling rather than mod cons and creature comforts. Facilities are pretty basic compared to motorhomes, so you’ll typically have room to sleep two, a couple of gas hobs for cooking and maybe a fridge.
Most campervans and caravanettes hook up to an external power source or some may come with batteries if you’re venturing off the beaten track.
What does caravanette insurance cover?
Caravanette insurance will compensate you for a range of events, for example theft or damage caused in an accident. There are three different levels of cover to choose from:
- Third-party only – covers damage and injury done to other vehicles and people but won’t compensate you for damage to your caravanette. This is the minimum level of cover you can have by law.
- Third-party, fire and theft – includes third-party only cover and will also compensate you if your caravanette is stolen or damaged by fire.
- Comprehensive – provides third-party, fire and theft cover and will also cover costs if your caravanette needs to be repaired or replaced after an accident.
Policies may also come with a range of other features such as windscreen cover, European and breakdown cover. If these features aren’t included as standard, you’ll be able to add them on for a small increase in your premium.
What isn’t covered by caravanette insurance?
Your policy will come with a number of conditions and exclusions which will vary by insurer, but typically include:
- Wear and tear.
- Pest infestations and damage by pets.
- Negligence, such as leaving windows and doors open or the key in the ignition.
How much does it cost to insure a caravanette?
Your premium will be influenced by a number of different factors, for example:
- Your age – younger drivers tend to pay considerably more than the average as they’re statistically more likely to be involved in an accident.
- Your driving history – if you’ve got penalty points or have made a recent claim, you can expect to pay higher than average premiums.
- Where you park your caravanette – security is often reflected in the cost of your insurance, so it really does pay to keep your caravanette as secure as possible. Keeping it in a locked garage or storage facility is ideal but if not, it could be worth investing in extra security such as an immobiliser.
- How you use your caravanette – if you use your caravanette for everyday activities like commuting you’re likely to pay more for cover compared to if you only used it for holidays and leisure.
It’s vital to be upfront with your insurer – even if you have driving convictions or have made a claim in the last five years. If you don’t disclose information when you’re asked, you risk invalidating your policy. This means your insurer can refuse to pay out if you make a claim.
How can I get cheap caravanette insurance?
Price is always going to be an important factor but shouldn’t necessarily be the only consideration. Remember – your policy is a safety net in case something goes wrong so first and foremost it should cover your needs.
However, there are ways to keep the cost of caravanette insurance as low as possible without cutting back on cover, including:
- Paying for your policy annually rather than monthly.
- Limiting the miles you do.
- Adding a more experienced named driver to your policy.
- Only buying the cover you need.
- Protecting your no claims bonus.
Search for caravanette insurance
At Quotezone.co.uk, you can search for caravanette insurance from leading UK insurers. Simply answer a few questions and we’ll bring back quotes based on exactly what you need. So, why not join our network of more than three million happy customers and start your quote right now.