Compare lorry insurance quotes now
Cheap Lorry Insurance
- Quotes from UK insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money
Policies and deals from industry leading insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
First insurance I obtained. Good quotes and easy to distinguish which policy might be best for me ie with or without black box etc
Basildon, United Kingdom
Thank you this is best one
London, United Kingdom
4.75/5 from 2915 customer reviews
Lorry Insurance – Compare Cheap Quotes
When you own or manage a small business or medium-sized business the insurance costs for your lorry (or your fleet of lorries, for that matter) can sometimes be eye-wateringly expensive.
The cost of lorry insurance isn’t fixed though – it can vary quite considerably from one lorry insurance provider to the next, because each one uses its own insurance premium calculation.
That’s why it’s worth shopping around by using a price comparison site like Quotezone.co.uk to compare lorry insurance quotes before you sign on that dotted line.
How much is lorry insurance likely to cost me?
The price of lorry insurance is dependent on a wide range of different factors, including the age and type vehicle, where you keep the lorry when you aren’t driving it, your estimated annual mileage, where you live and the crime rate in your area, your driving record and whether or not you have any points on your HGV licence, the level of cover that you require and how many years’ no-claims bonus you have.
Given how many variables influence the insurance premium calculation, the only way to get an accurate idea of how much your lorry insurance might cost is to compare lorry insurance quotes from a number of different insurance providers.
Can I take out third party lorry insurance?
Yes, as with car insurance, lorry insurance offers three levels of coverage:
- Third party only lorry insurance
- Third party, fire and theft
- Fully comprehensive truck insurance
Third party only lorry insurance is the minimum level of coverage required by law in the UK, so it should be possible to find a lorry insurance specialist who is willing to offer third party lorry insurance.
However, it’s important to be aware of the limitations of this type of policy. As the name suggests, third party lorry insurance is only designed to protect third parties if your lorry is involved in an accident, and won’t cover any repairs to your own vehicle. If you did opt for third party only cover and your lorry is damaged or written off you would have to cover the cost of repairing or replacing the lorry yourself.
How can I find cheap lorry insurance?
Although lorry insurance usually doesn’t come cheap, there are a few steps businesses can take to increase their odds of finding cheap lorry insurance, such as:
- Shopping around for the best deals – First and foremost, lorry drivers and fleet managers should shop around for the best lorry insurance deals by using a price comparison site like Quotezone.co.uk, which can help lorry drivers compare quotes from a range of different truck insurance specialists.
- Avoiding ‘any driver’ lorry insurance policies – Lorry insurance policies that insure any licenced truck driver to drive that lorry or HGV tend to be the most expensive option, because the insurer won’t have any information about the driver(s). It’s usually cheaper to add multiple named drivers to a lorry insurance policy than it is to opt for ‘any driver’ truck insurance.
- Hire seasoned lorry drivers with clean driving records – Lorry insurance for young drivers tends to be very expensive, and lorry drivers with motoring convictions or points on their licence also cost a lot to insure. With that in mind, it’s a good idea to ensure that any lorry drivers named on your lorry insurance policy are experienced drivers with clean driving records.