T5 Campervan Insurance
Compare Cheap VW T5 Insurance Quotes
- Quotes from UK insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
Thank you this is best one
London, United Kingdom
Very easy website to use, vast amount of quotes to choose from and lots of information about each policy. Good prices as well.
4.75/5 from 2913 customer reviews
T5 Campervan Insurance
Whether you use your VW T5 every day or save it for road trips and holidays, it’s crucial to have the right campervan insurance. Not only do you need it by law, but policies can compensate you for damage and theft. To make sure you get the protection you need, here’s what to consider when it comes to VW T5 campervan insurance.
What does VW T5 campervan insurance cover?
Like other types of vehicle insurance, policies for your T5 will cover a broad range of events and incidents – including theft and damage. There are three different levels of cover to choose from:
- Third-party only – this is the minimum level of cover you can have by law. Policies compensate other people for injuries or damage you cause but won’t cover the cost of repairing your own camper.
- Third-party, fire and theft – includes third-party only cover and also compensates you if your T5 is stolen or damaged by fire.
- Comprehensive – as well as third-party, fire and theft, these policies will also pay to repair or replace your T5 if it’s damaged in an accident. This is the highest level of cover you can buy.
Insurers will also offer a range of other features which could include cover for:
- Accidental misfuelling
- European travel
- Spare parts
- Windscreen and glass
- Legal expenses
- Personal possessions including camping equipment
Some policies will include some or all of these as standard. If they aren’t, you’ll usually be able to add them on as an optional extra for a small fee.
With that in mind, it’s well worth double checking what’s included within different policies. Cheap T5 insurance might seem like a great deal but may not give you the protection you need. If you need to add on lots of extras, your cheap policy might suddenly become very expensive.
On the flip side, pricier policies often include a number of features, making them better value for money.
What is an agreed value in T5 insurance?
An agreed value is when you and your insurer decide the value of your T5 between you. If it’s written off or stolen, you’ll be given the agreed value rather than the market value of your T5 (which could be a lot less).
Not all campervan insurance policies include the option of an agreed value. But, if you’ve spent time and money upgrading or modifying your T5, it could be a feature worth considering.
Do I need T5 camper insurance all year round?
In the UK, continuous insurance enforcement (CIE) means that all vehicles must be insured at all times. So, even if you only use your T5 camper now and again, it’ll still need appropriate cover.
The only exception is if you SORN your VW T5. A SORN is a statutory off road notification and means you’ve officially taken your T5 ‘off the road’.
If you don’t have insurance and you don’t have a SORN you can be fined and given six penalty points. In some cases, you may even end up in court and lose your driving licence.
Is there temporary VW T5 campervan insurance?
If you only drive your T5 occasionally, temporary or short-term insurance policies are available. These are usually very flexible, and you can normally arrange cover that lasts a day up to a several weeks.
Temporary cover can also be cheaper compared to an annual policy – especially if you only use your camper for a couple of weeks a year. Nevertheless, annual policies tend to work out cheaper per day so if you do need cover long-term, an annual policy is still more likely to be economical.
Can I buy VW T5 insurance for a modified camper?
Most insurers will be able to tailor a policy to cover modified campers, but you may find specialist insurers more willing to do so.
Insurers that specialise in camper and motorhome cover will also have experience in understanding what you need – for example if you’ve made changes to the interior or fitted a new engine.
How much is VW T5 campervan insurance?
Your premium will depend on a whole host of factors, such as:
- Your age – under 25s tend to pay significantly higher premiums than the average. That’s because younger drivers are statistically more likely to be involved in an accident.
- Security – the more secure your T5 is against theft and vandalism, the more you can save on insurance costs.
- Mileage – more miles means increasing the risk of being in an accident which can push up your premium.
- Modifications – these can lead to pricier premiums as your T5 will cost more to repair or replace.
How to lower the cost of VW T5 insurance
Any policy you choose, should give you the protection and peace of mind you need to enjoy your camper to the fullest. So, if you’re looking for ways to cut costs without cutting back on cover, here are some practical ideas:
- Pay for your policy in one go
- Add a named driver
- Increase your voluntary excess
- Limit the number of miles you do
- Only add on extra features if you really need them.