Talbot Campervan Insurance
Compare Talbot Campervan Insurance
- Quotes from UK insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Our quote form uses 128-bit SSL encryption for your peace of mind.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
Very easy to use website would definitely recommend!
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Easy web site to use also got my car insurance 150 pounds cheaper well worth the visit to Quotezone
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4.74/5 from 2242 customer reviews
Talbot Campervan Insurance
In their heyday, Talbot campervans and motorhomes were a familiar sight on UK roads. Despite the line ending with the Talbot Express in the mid-90s, you can still find lovingly restored Talbot campers on the road. For cover that gives you the confidence you need to keep on exploring, here’s what’s good to know when it comes to Talbot campervan insurance.
What does Talbot campervan insurance include?
The specific events covered will depend on the type of policy you buy and the insurers own terms and conditions. There are three types of policy you can choose from:
- Third-party only – policies compensate other people for injuries or damage you cause but won’t cover the cost of repairing your Talbot. This is the lowest level of cover you can have by law.
- Third-party, fire and theft – includes third-party only cover and will also pay to repair or replace your Talbot if it’s stolen or damaged by fire.
- Comprehensive – provides third-party, fire and theft cover and will compensate you if your Talbot is damaged in an accident. This is the highest level of cover you can buy.
Policies often include other features; some will be included as standard while others will need to be added for a small fee. Features typically offered include cover for:
- Accidental misfuelling
- European travel
- Spare parts
- Windscreen and glass
- Legal expenses
- Personal possessions which usually includes camping equipment
Should I insure my Talbot motorhome with an agreed value?
Agreed value is when you and your insurer decide how much your Talbot camper is worth. If your Talbot is written off or stolen, your insurer will pay out the agreed value instead of the market value, which could be much lower.
Not all insurers offer policies with an agreed value but it’s an option worth considering if you’ve spent a lot of time, money and effort modifying or upgrading your camper.
Do I need Talbot campervan insurance all year round?
Under the rules of continuous insurance enforcement (CIE), all vehicles in the UK must be insured all of the time. Even if you don’t actually drive your camper on a regular basis, it must still be insured.
The only exception is if you arrange a SORN (statutory off road notification) which is an official declaration that your car is off the road.
If you’re caught without insurance and you don’t have a SORN, the penalties can be harsh. Not only can you be fined, you can also end up with six penalty points on your licence. In a worst-case scenario, you could even lose your licence.
Is insuring a Talbot motorhome expensive?
Insurers take into account lots of considerations to work out your premium, for example:
- Your age – younger drivers pay significantly more than other age groups. This is because data shows under 25s are more likely to be involved in an accident. Some campervan policies may also have age restrictions so choice can also be limited.
- Security – you can keep premiums low by keeping your Talbot as secure as possible. To cut the risk of theft or vandalism, you could invest in an alarm or immobiliser.
- Mileage – the more miles you drive, the greater the risk of an accident which can push up premiums.
- Modifications – these can lead to higher insurance costs as your Talbot will cost more to repair or replace.
How can I save money on Talbot campervan insurance?
Your insurance should give you the reassurance you need to fully enjoy road trips and camping holidays in your Talbot. With that in mind, remember that cheap insurance isn’t the same as good value insurance.
Policies that look expensive may give you greater all-round protection and offer an agreed value, which can help you recoup your Talbot’s true value if you’ve modified it.
Nevertheless, there are ways to lower insurance costs without cutting back on protection, for example:
- Pay for your policy in one go instead of instalments which include interest fees.
- Add a more experienced named driver to your policy.
- Increase your voluntary excess.
- If you can, try to limit the number of miles you do.
- Only add on extra features if you really need them.
- Consider temporary campervan insurance if you only use your Talbot for a couple of weeks a year. Just remember to SORN it at all other times.
- Search for classic Talbot insurance with specialist providers as cover for classic vehicles is often less expensive.