Our Editorial Guidelines
These editorial guidelines outline the assurances that come with every piece of Quotezone content, whether it’s in our insurance forms, informative guides or Presszone pieces. Quotezone is not owned by any insurance companies, meaning you get completely impartial information and comparisons from an independent price comparison website. Our top priority is truly to give you helpful and informative content you can trust.
Our Key Values and Principles Inform Every Quotezone Guideline
- Openness – We encourage transparency and clarity, and share useful information we’ve collected to keep our customers informed.
- Passionate – We are an ambitious team of experienced insurance comparison experts who always strive to remain an authority in our field.
- Accountable – We prioritise trustworthiness and dependability not just through our content but by taking responsibility for our work and the information we share.
- Unbiased – We’ll never push you to one particular insurer or specific service. For one, it doesn’t affect how we make money. For another, it would go against our top content goal of giving our customers trustworthy and factual guidance.
- Regulated – We are fully regulated by the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) and our team undertake regular training to stay informed on updated regulations and technicalities. We are committed to the highest data collection standards and are ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) registered and ISO 27001 certified.
Our Editorial Process
We ensure consistent accuracy across all of our content by following our trusted editorial process.
1. Backed by research
We do extensive research to find out what information our customers need. If you have a question about insurance or need help comparing quotes for a niche insurance policy, we want to be the site where you get what you need.
2. Experienced writers
Our content is written by one of our in-house or external writers who are all experienced in writing for financial services. Each piece is given to the writer who has the best insight on that topic so you get the most informative content possible.
3. Reliable and fact checked data
Each piece is rigorously fact checked and reviewed by our team of insurance comparison experts. This assures our content adheres to FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) and ASA (Advertising Standards Authority) guidelines. Any data we include will be our own or from reputable sources like gov.uk.
4. Up to date information
We renew our content regularly to make sure our information stays relevant and any numbers or statistics they include are up to date so you stay as accurately informed as possible.
How Quotezone works
We work by helping you quickly and easily find the insurance you need at the price that fits your budget. That’s the crux of it. If you are not happy with our comparisons we are aware that there are other options out there, so everything we do is truly to give you the best service possible.
And if you find the insurance you need through us, that’s how we make our money. There are a few different ways this happens depending on the insurance you buy. But ultimately, our money comes from the companies we work with. Our service is completely free for our customers to use.
Get the full rundown of how we work.
Recognition for our expertise
We are proud to have had our excellence recognised and awarded throughout the years, and we now have a list of accomplishments.
We achieved the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Award for 6 years running between 2011 – 2016. This award celebrates innovative companies that are being built and scaled across the whole of the UK.
We have also maintained the Deloitte Best Managed Companies Award for 7 years and counting. This was first awarded in 2017, and in 2023 we surpassed the ‘Gold standard’ and were named ‘Platinum members’.
Learn more about Quotezone
Quotezone has been operating for over 19 years and generates 3 million quotes for our UK customers every year. Our founder Greg Wilson has since grown the business and our parent company now employs over 70 members across our 2 offices.