Login Menu

Compare 65% LTV Mortgages

Looking for the best 65% LTV mortgage lenders?

  • Find a mortgage that’s right for you
  • Connect with UK-based mortgage lenders
  • Compare mortgages from a range of different lenders

Compare 65% LTV Mortgages

Once you have decided on a house to buy and saved up a deposit, there is still the difficult step of finding the right type of mortgage for your needs. Most UK mortgage lenders offer a wide range of different mortgages, and deals differ between different mortgage providers.

If you want to find the right mortgage quote for your needs, you can use our simple quote comparison tool. Comparing 65% LTV mortgages can give you the chance to save money.


What is a 65% LTV mortgage?

A 65% Loan To Value mortgage means that the loan is 65% of the total value of the building you are buying. This means that the remaining 35% has to be paid upfront as a deposit. If you only have a smaller deposit amount, you will need to find a mortgage with a higher LTV percentage.


Is 65% LTV a good idea for a mortgage?

A 65% Loan To Value mortgage can be suitable for people who have a large deposit saved up for buying a house. The lower the amount of money you have to borrow, the less interest you will likely pay while paying off the loan.


Is a 65% mortgage similar to a secured loan?

Yes, a 65% LTV loan is very similar to a secured loan. A secure loan simply means that the loan is backed by an asset. In the case of a mortgage, the loan is secured by the house. This means that if you do not pay back your loan, the house could be sold.


Can I get a 65% LTV mortgage for a Buy to Let property?

Many UK mortgage providers will allow you to buy a Buy to Let property on a 65% LTV mortgage. Usually, many mortgage providers have a higher limit than 65% for Buy to Let properties.

It is a good idea to shop around to find the best 65% mortgage for you, regardless of whether you are in the Buy to Let market or not.


Is 65% a low LTV?

While the definition of a low Loan To Value percentage differs between different mortgage lenders, usually anything below 80% is considered a low LTV. A 65% LTW is often considered low.


What deposit do I need to buy a house?

For a 65% Loan To Value mortgage, you would need a 35% deposit. If you have a lower deposit amount than this, you may need to look at higher LTV mortgages. This means that you would borrow more money, and could increase the overall amount of interest you pay. Some lenders will allow a deposit of 5% when buying a home.


Can I live in a Buy to Let house?

You usually cannot live in a Buy to Let house as a resident. However, you may be able to live in it temporarily if you are working on repairs. You would need to check the terms and conditions of your mortgage agreement to make sure whether or not you can live in your Buy to Let property.