Login Menu

Compare 80% LTV Mortgages

Find 80% LTV Mortgage Providers

  • Find a mortgage that’s right for you
  • Connect with UK-based mortgage lenders
  • Compare mortgages from a range of different lenders

Compare 80% LTV Mortgages

Looking for the best 80% mortgages for you?

Buying a home is a big life goal for many people. While it can be an exciting time, it can also be a difficult and confusing process, especially if you are a first-time buyer. One of the most important aspects is making sure you find the right type of mortgage for your needs.

Our simple comparison tool can help make sure that you have all the information you need to find a great 80% LTV mortgage for your property. Comparing mortgage quotes can help give you the chance to find a low interest rate and can help you save money.


What is an 80% LTV mortgage?

An 80% Loan To Value mortgage means that the loan is 80% of the total value of the property you want to buy. The other 20% would have to be covered by the deposit you pay up-front for the property.


How can I lower my LTV?

Purchasing a house is made up of two parts – your mortgage loan, and your deposit. If you want the mortgage to have a lower percentage value of the property’s cost, you will generally need to put forward a bigger deposit. For example, a 30% deposit would allow you to get a 70% Loan To Value mortgage.


What LTV amount is best?

The usual advice is towards having a lower Loan To Value percentage on your mortgage. The less money you have to borrow, the less interest you will end up paying overall. However, it is important to make sure that you can comfortably afford your deposit without risking financial problems.

It is a good idea to use our comparison tool to compare 80%LTV mortgages to get the best 80% mortgage deal.


When is the right time to buy a house?

The right time to buy a house will come at a different point in everyone’s life. Generally, you need to make sure that you can afford to pay the deposit and keep up with your monthly payments before deciding to buy a house.


Is an 80 percent mortgage a secured loan?

Yes, an 80 percent mortgage would be classed as a secured loan. This means that the amount you borrow is secured by an asset – in this case, the house or property that you are buying. If you fail to pay back your mortgage payments when you should, the house could be seized.


How much can I borrow for a mortgage?

You can usually borrow around four to five times your salary for a mortgage. Some mortgage lenders may allow you to borrow more than this. If you are applying for a mortgage with a partner, this income should also be taken into account.


Can you get two residential mortgages?

There is no legal reason why you could not have two residential mortgages. However, you need to make sure that you can pay for both of these without causing financial difficulties for yourself. You may also find that your interest rates are higher if you are borrowing from two lenders.