Compare landscaping insurance quotes now
Cheap Landscaping Insurance
- Quotes from UK insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Our quote form uses 128-bit SSL encryption for your peace of mind.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
Very easy to use website would definitely recommend!
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Easy web site to use also got my car insurance 150 pounds cheaper well worth the visit to Quotezone
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4.74/5 from 2243 customer reviews
Who needs Landscaping insurance?
Business insurance can prove a valuable safety net at times when you need support because even the best laid plans can sometimes go wrong. But choosing the right kind of cover can be confusing so here’s what to consider when it comes to finding landscaping insurance that suits you.
Who needs landscaping insurance?
Landscaping insurance is designed for anyone working as a gardener or landscaper. It doesn’t matter whether you work alone, have a small team or have dozens of employees, policies are there to cover you for the risks and hazards you face – such as theft of tools or vandalism to equipment.
If you work alone or run a small business, it’s easy to think you might not need insurance, but accidents happen all the time and usually when you least expect them. If you don’t have insurance in place, you’d be expected to cover the cost of stolen or damaged tools, as well as meet the cost legal fees if you end up in court. All of which could put your business at financial risk.
What landscaping liability insurance do I need?
If you have any employees (even part-time or temporary workers) you’ll need employers’ liability insurance by law. It covers the cost of compensation if a staff member is injured or becomes ill because of work.
If you need employers liability, you must have a minimum of £5 million worth of cover. Bear in mind that if you’re caught without it, you could face a daily £2,500 fine so it’s well worth finding out what’s expected and what exemptions there are – full guidance can be found at the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
Another type of liability insurance that is highly recommended (but not a legal necessity) is landscaping public liability insurance. This covers the cost of legal fees and compensation if a member of the public sues you for injury or damage to their property. For example, if a client tripped and broke their leg over tools you left lying around and decided to claim for compensation or if you accidently smashed a window while trimming a tree.
What other features should I look for in landscaping insurance?
Landscaping insurance (like other types of business cover) is a combination of different types of insurance designed to give your business the all-round protection it needs. While most insurers will offer a basic package, you’ll also be given the opportunity to add on extras which will be reflected in your premium. Popular features include:
- Landscaping equipment insurance – covers the cost of repairing or replacing damaged or stolen tools and equipment.
- Personal accident insurance – compensates you for lost income and covers medical costs if you have an accident and can’t work.
- Legal expenses – pays your legal fees and court costs if you need to settle a dispute.
- Business buildings and contents insurance – pays to repair or rebuild your business premises if it’s damaged or destroyed because of an insured event – such as a fire or flood. Contents cover compensates you for any stolen or damaged office equipment for example, computers, desks, chairs and phones.
- Contract works insurance – compensates you for any unfinished work you have to re-do because it’s been damaged; for example, if a project you were working on was flooded.
- Height and depth insurance – digging underground or working at height can be risky so make sure you’re covered for this type of work.
- Commercial van insurance – if you use a van for work, you must have commercial van cover. If you have more than one van, then it’s worth taking a look at fleet policies as you sometimes get a discount for insuring a number of vehicles under one policy.
How much does landscaping insurance cost?
Cost is influenced by a number of factors such as the type of policy you choose, the level of cover you need and whether or not you decide to add on any extras.
It’s vital to ensure that any policy you choose actually gives you the protection you need so it’s important to compare features and not just price.
Cheap landscaping insurance might have a number of exclusions (events that aren’t covered) and could also have a high excess (the amount you pay towards a claim). In contrast, pricier policies may represent better value if they offer more comprehensive cover with fewer conditions and exclusions.
Search for landscaping insurance
At Quotezone.co.uk, we understand how tough it can be to run your own business; we also appreciate how valuable your time is – which is why we make searching for cover quick and easy.
We work with a panel of leading UK insurers which means you can be confident about getting a policy that suits you at a price that fits your budget. To start your quote, simply tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll do the rest.