7.5 tonne Truck Insurance
Cheap 7.5t Truck Insurance
- Quotes from UK insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money
Policies and deals from industry leading insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
Thank you this is best one
London, United Kingdom
Very easy website to use, vast amount of quotes to choose from and lots of information about each policy. Good prices as well.
4.75/5 from 2914 customer reviews
7.5 Tonne Truck Insurance – Compare Cheap Quotes
That’s why it’s important to shop around for the best quotes when you’re looking for 7.5 tonne truck insurance – when you compare quotes from a wide range of truck insurance providers you can increase your odds of finding the right policy at the right price.
How much does it cost to insure a 7.5 tonne truck?
That’s a difficult question to answer, because your insurance premium will be affected by a wide range of factors besides its weight, including its engine size, its age, its value, where it operates and where it is parked when it isn’t being driven.
Additional risk factors like the truck driver’s age, location, driving record and No Claims Bonus will also influence the cost of the 7.5 tonne lorry insurance, which means it’s close to impossible to predict how much you might pay for this type of policy without running a real quote.
The best plan is to use our price comparison service to compare 7.5 tonne truck insurance quotes from a range of different insurance companies, and then go with the one that offers the best insurance policy at the best price.
Will 7.5 tonne truck insurance cost more if I don’t have a Certificate of Professional Competence?
This is not so much an insurance factor as a legislative one, because a Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) is now mandatory if you drive (or intend to drive) a category C1 vehicle as part of your job.
Vehicles that weigh between 3.5 tonnes and 7.5 tonnes fall within category C1, which means if you do drive a 7.5 tonne truck as part of your job you will need a driver CPC in addition to suitable 7.5 tonne truck insurance.
How can I find cheap 7.5 tonne truck insurance?
Unfortunately there is no way to guarantee that your 7.5 tonne truck insurance will ever be cheap, but there are several steps you can do to boost your chances of finding lower-cost insurance. You could, for example, do the following:
- Shop around – First and foremost, 7.5 tonne truck drivers should shop around by using a price comparison site like Quotezone.co.uk to compare insurance quotes from a range of different truck insurance specialists.
- Avoid ‘any driver’ 7.5 tonne truck insurance – Truck insurance policies that insure any licenced truck driver to drive that 7.5 tonne lorry or HGV tend to be the most expensive option, because the insurer won’t have any information about the driver. It’s usually cheaper to add multiple named drivers to a 7.5 tonne truck insurance policy than it is to opt for ‘any driver’ truck insurance.
- Ensure truck drivers are experienced and have clean driving records – Truck insurance for young drivers tends to be prohibitively expensive, so it’s best to ensure that any truck drivers named on your 7.5 tonne truck insurance policy are experienced drivers with clean driving records.