Compare refrigerated truck insurance quotes now
Cheap Refrigerated Truck Insurance
- Quotes from UK insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money
Policies and deals from industry leading insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
I managed to get our home and contents insured instantly when I needed to do so on the 12th January, after moving to a new home. The service was first class, and easy to complete online.
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
4.75/5 from 3112 customer reviews
Refrigerated Truck Insurance – Compare Cheap Quotes
If you drive a refrigerated truck it’s critical to have the correct insurance in place before you get behind the wheel, whether you’re an owner-operator looking to cover a single vehicle or a fleet owner looking to insure a fleet of refrigerated trucks.
However, truck insurance is costly, which is why it’s critical to compare refrigerated truck insurance quotes from a variety of different insurance providers before purchasing a policy.
How much does it cost to insure a refrigerated truck?
Because truck insurance firms take a wide range of risk factors into account when calculating premiums, it’s impossible to forecast how much you’ll have to spend to insure your refrigerated truck. For example, your refrigerated truck’s make and model, its estimated market value, the year it was made, the type of engine it has, where it’s kept when it’s not being driven, and the truck’s estimated annual mileage will all be taken into account when calculating your insurance premium.
In addition, truck insurance firms will take into account factors relating to the refrigerated truck driver as well, including their driving record, how long they’ve held their licence and the size of their no claims bonus.
Since so many factors are at play when it comes to the cost of your refrigerated truck insurance, the best plan is to use our price comparison service to compare truck insurance quotes from a range of different insurance companies, and then go with the one that offers the best refrigerated truck insurance policy at the best price.
OK, but does refrigerated truck insurance cost more than insuring a standard truck?
The higher cost for refrigerated truck insurance is usually directly related to the refrigeration equipment the vehicle is fitted with, as this can increase the repair costs if the truck is ever involved in an accident, which will in turn often push up the cost of insuring a refrigerated truck.
How can I find cheap refrigerated truck insurance?
For haulage and logistics companies, refrigerated truck insurance is often a big investment, but there are a few actions they can take to improve their chances of finding low-cost truck insurance. For starters, they could:
- Shop around for cheaper quotes – Price comparison sites can often help refrigerated truck drivers and fleet managers find the best deals.
- Ensure truck drivers are experienced and have clean driving records – Truck insurance for young drivers tends to be prohibitively expensive, so it’s best to ensure that any truck drivers named on your refrigerated truck insurance policy are experienced drivers with clean driving records.
- Avoid ‘any driver’ truck insurance – Truck insurance policies that insure any licenced truck driver to drive that lorry or HGV tend to be the most expensive option, because the insurer won’t have any information about the driver. It’s usually cheaper to add multiple named drivers to a refrigerated truck insurance policy than it is to opt for ‘any driver’ truck insurance.