Compare volvo truck insurance quotes now
Cheap Volvo Truck Insurance
- Quotes from UK insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money
Policies and deals from industry leading insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
I managed to get our home and contents insured instantly when I needed to do so on the 12th January, after moving to a new home. The service was first class, and easy to complete online.
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
4.75/5 from 3112 customer reviews
Volvo Truck Insurance – Compare Cheap Quotes
Whether you own a Volvo FM, FH or FH16 truck, or you need to insure a smaller Volvo FL or FE model, when you need Volvo truck insurance it pays to shop around for the best insurance quotes – and that’s where we come in.
Quotezone.co.uk’s dedicated truck insurance comparison service can help you compare Volvo truck insurance quotes from a wide range of different insurance providers, which could increase your odds of finding the right policy at the right price.
Which type of Volvo truck is cheaper to insure?
All other things being equal, the Volvo FL truck is likely to be one of the cheaper models to insure, because it is a little smaller and lighter and also has a less powerful engine than other models of Volvo trucks.
Of course, all things are rarely equal, and insurance providers actually take a wide range of other variables into account besides the specific model of Volvo truck you’re insuring, such as the truck’s age, its mileage, where it operates and where it’s parked when it isn’t being driven.
In addition, a wide range of risk factors relating to the truck driver will also affect the cost of your Volvo truck insurance, including the driver’s age and location, how long they’ve held their licence, whether they have any points on their licence, and the length of their No Claims Bonus.
Will my estimated mileage affect the cost of my Volvo truck insurance?
Yes, many insurance providers will take estimated mileage into consideration when calculating the premium for your Volvo truck insurance policy.
The reason for that is fairly straightforward – the more time a truck spends on the road and the more miles it clocks up the higher its risk of being involved in an accident at some stage, which means trucks with higher mileage will sometimes cost more to insure.
How can I find cheap Volvo truck insurance?
Whether you’re insuring a Volvo FM, an FM16, or a lighter FL model, insuring your Volvo truck is never likely to be cheap. Having said that, there are a few steps you can take to increase your odds of finding cheaper Volvo truck insurance, such as:
- Shopping around instead of accepting your existing provider’s renewal quote – Insurance renewal quotes are sometimes significantly higher than the prices you might be quoted by other truck insurance providers, so it pays to shop around.
- Avoiding ‘any driver’ Volvo truck insurance policies – while ‘any driver’ policies are more convenient and flexible, they also represent a much higher level of insurance risk for the insurer, which means they tend to cost a lot more.
- Avoiding younger, less experienced truck drivers – In addition to avoiding ‘any driver’ policies, it would be a good idea to only insure older, more experienced truck drivers if at all possible, as younger drivers are usually more costly to insure as well.