Campervan Insurance Under 25
Compare Under 25 Campervan Insurance Quotes
- Quotes from UK insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Our quote form uses 128-bit SSL encryption for your peace of mind.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
Very helpful and understanding
, United Kingdom
Richmond, United Kingdom
4.74/5 from 2216 customer reviews
Campervan Insurance for Under 25
If you’re a younger driver under 25, cover can be much pricier compared to other age groups. But that doesn’t mean you can’t find great value campervan insurance that gives you everything you need at a price that fits your budget. Here’s what you need to know about campervan insurance for under 25s.
How old do you have to be to get insurance on a campervan?
This will depend on the insurer as they all set their own terms and conditions. Some providers will have restrictions on who can apply for campervan insurance. This often means you’ll need to be 21 or older to buy cover for your campervan.
That said, if you’re a young driver, it’s always worth checking for age restrictions, as not every insurer has them.
What does campervan insurance for under 25s cover?
Campervan insurance for under 25s, covers the same risks as policies for any other age group. The specific events covered will depend on the level you choose:
- Third party, fire and theft – policies compensate other people for injury or damage you cause to them or their property. This level of cover won’t compensate you if your camper is damaged in an accident. It’s also the minimum you can have by law,
- Third party, fire and theft – includes third party only cover and will also pay to repair or replace your camper if it’s damaged by fire or is stolen.
- Comprehensive – provides third party, fire and theft cover and will also compensate you if your campervan is damaged in an accident you cause. It’s the highest level of cover you can buy.
Policies (particularly comprehensive policies) usually come with a range of other features. If they aren’t included as part of a standard policy, you’ll be able to add them on for a small fee.
Bear in mind that cheap campervan insurance might not have as many features and adding them on can increase the cost significantly. In contrast, expensive looking policies may already include them.
Features to look out for includes cover for:
- European travel
- Spare parts
- Windscreen and glass
- Legal expenses
- Personal possessions
- Camping equipment
Does campervan insurance for under 25s come with exclusions?
Exclusions are events not covered by your insurance and almost all policies have them.
Different policies will all be worded in slightly different ways, but typical exclusions include:
- Negligence – insurers are unlikely to pay out if damage or theft happens because you left windows or doors open or keys in the ignition.
- Wear and tear – you won’t be compensated for anything that depreciates or breaks down because of age.
- Damage by animals – this includes pets as well as vermin.
Why is campervan insurance for under 25s so expensive?
Insurers consider a number of different factors to work out premiums. This includes the value of the camper you have, your address, driving record and claims history.
Age also plays a big part in determining your premium. Sadly, under 25s are statistically more likely to be involved in an accident, which increases premiums for the whole age group.
Plus, as a young driver, you simply won’t have much of a driving record for insurers to look at, making you an unknown risk. You also may not have built up much of a no claims discount which can cut the cost of insurance considerably (by as much as 60% for experienced drivers).
How can I get cheap campervan insurance for under 25s?
As a young driver under 25, your choice of campervan insurance could be limited. To make sure you get the best deal without compromising on the level of protection, here’s what you can do:
- Pay for your policy in one go.
- Add a more experienced named driver to your policy.
- Increase your voluntary excess.
- Limit the number of miles you do.
If you only use your campervan for one-off trips or for a few months in the summer, you could also consider short-term campervan insurance.
Policies are usually very flexible and you can arrange cover for a few days up to a few months, which can make it far more affordable. Nevertheless, annual policies do tend to work out cheaper per day compared to short-term ones – which is something worth remembering.
Search for cheap campervan insurance for under 25s
For campervan insurance for under 25s, simply fill in our online form and we’ll match you with insurers that can offer you what you need.
So far, we’ve been able to help more the three million customers find insurance that gives them peace of mind at a price that fits their budget. Join them and start your quote today.