Young Driver Campervan Insurance
Compare Cheap Young Driver Campervan Insurance
- Quotes from UK insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Our quote form uses 128-bit SSL encryption for your peace of mind.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
Very easy to use website would definitely recommend!
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Easy web site to use also got my car insurance 150 pounds cheaper well worth the visit to Quotezone
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4.74/5 from 2242 customer reviews
Young Driver Campervan Insurance
It’s no secret that vehicle insurance for young drivers is expensive, but you can still find great deals that give you the protection you need. To make sure your campervan insurance policy gives you the cover you need, here’s what to think about when it comes to campervan insurance for young drivers.
Can young drivers get insurance for a campervan?
The short answer is yes, although your choice may be limited and it could depend on how old you actually are. Some campervan insurance policies will be age restricted so you’ll need to be at least 21 to qualify.
If you’re younger than 21, it’s still worth checking with insurers what your options are.
What does campervan for young drivers cover?
Policies cover the same risks as insurance for any other age group. What’s covered, will depend on the level of policy you choose:
- Third party, fire and theft – these policies compensate other people for injury or damage you cause, but won’t compensate you if your camper is damaged in an accident. It’s also the minimum level you can have by law,
- Third party, fire and theft – provides third party only cover and will also cover costs if your campervan is stolen or damaged by fire.
- Comprehensive – includes third party, fire and theft cover and will also compensate you if your campervan is damaged in an accident you cause. This is the highest level of cover you can buy in the UK.
What other features come with young driver campervan insurance?
Most insurers will offer a range of other features either as standard in a comprehensive policy or as an optional extra.
When you compare quotes, be mindful that cheap policies may not include as many features as their pricier counterparts, so they may not be the bargain they initially seem.
Look carefully at what’s included so you can be sure of getting the very best value for money. Extra features to consider, include cover for:
- European travel
- Spare parts
- Windscreen and glass
- Legal expenses
- Personal possessions
- Camping equipment
What exclusions are there?
Almost all insurance policies have exclusions, these are events not covered by your insurer. The exact wording is likely to vary by provider, but typical exclusions include:
- Negligence – insurers rarely pay out if theft or damage occurs because keys were in the ignition or windows and doors were left open.
- Wear and tear – you won’t be compensated for anything that breaks down through age.
- Damage by animals – this includes damage by pets as well as vermin and infestations.
Why is campervan insurance for young drivers expensive?
Young drivers under 25 are statistically more likely to be involved in an accident. That means premiums for the whole age group are significantly higher compared to others.
As a young driver, you probably won’t have much of a no claims bonus either, which can cut premiums by as much as 60%-70% for experienced drivers. Plus, if you’ve only passed your test very recently, you won’t have much of a driving history which can make you an unknown risk for insurance purposes.
But insurers don’t just consider your age, they’ll also consider a host of other factors, such as:
- The value of your campervan – the more expensive it is, the higher premiums are likely to be.
- Where you live – living in an area with higher than average crime rates can increase what you pay.
- Your job – some jobs are considered riskier than others in the eyes of insurers.
- How you use your camper – if you use it daily, you’ll pay more than someone who uses it occasionally.
- The number of miles you drive – a high annual mileage can result in higher premiums.
How to save money on young driver campervan insurance
If you’re a young driver, your choice of campervan insurance is likely to be limited. That said, there are ways to get affordable protection, including:
- Paying for your policy in one go.
- Adding a more experienced named driver to your policy.
- Increasing your voluntary excess.
- Limiting the number of miles you do.
- Increasing security with an alarm, tracker or immobiliser.
- Choosing short-term cover instead of an annual policy if you don’t use your camper all the time.