Compare IN10 insurance quotes now
Cheap In10 Insurance
- Quotes from UK insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money
Policies and deals from industry leading insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
First insurance I obtained. Good quotes and easy to distinguish which policy might be best for me ie with or without black box etc
Basildon, United Kingdom
Thank you this is best one
London, United Kingdom
4.75/5 from 2915 customer reviews
IN10 insurance comparison
If you’ve been convicted of driving without insurance and had an IN10 conviction added to your licence you probably already know that the cost of your car insurance is likely to rise quite considerably when you come to renew your policy, since insurance providers view a convicted driver as higher risk than a motorist with a clean driving record.
However, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t shop around for the cheapest IN10 insurance policy you can find. In fact, when your premiums are likely to rise because of a motoring conviction it becomes even more important that you compare quotes from a wide range of different providers, because that way you increase your odds of finding a suitable convicted driver insurance policy at a price that won’t break the bank.
Compare IN10 insurance now
Why does IN10 insurance cost so much?
Unlike many other motoring convictions (such as DR10, CU80 or DD40, for instance), an IN10 conviction comes with a minimum of 6 penalty points rather than 3. In practice this means an IN10 conviction is likely to add at least 25% to your premium.
By contrast, some other motoring offence that were deemed to be rather minor and therefore only resulted in 3 penalty points would add an average of just 5% to your car insurance premium.
Is an IN10 conviction classed as a recordable offence?
When a motoring conviction is classed as a recordable offence it means being convicted of that offence will usually result in a criminal record – drink driving is a recordable offence, for instance, because Section 5(1)(a) of the Road Traffic Act 1988 defines driving while over the legal alcohol limit as a criminal offence.
Driving without insurance, on the other hand, is not classed as a recordable offence, which means an IN10 conviction won’t result in a criminal record. However, you will still have to inform your insurance provider about the motoring conviction, as failing to disclose it could result in your policy being declined or cancelled.
How long will the IN10 conviction stay on my driving record?
When you’re convicted of driving without insurance the conviction code will stay on your driving record for 4 years, which means your IN10 car insurance is likely to be more costly than you’d usually pay for quite a few years.
What can I do to find cheap IN10 insurance?
If you’re looking to find cheaper car insurance after you’ve received an IN10 conviction the most important thing you can do to increase your odds of finding a suitable policy is to compare quotes from a wide range of providers.
Different insurance providers can have very different underwriting terms, which means some insurers might weight risk factors like driving convictions very differently from others.
Beyond that, some of the following strategies might be worth exploring:
- Taking an advanced driving course – While it isn’t a hard and fast rule, some car insurance companies might be willing to offer you a lower premium if you complete an advanced driving course, because these courses can help to prove that you’re a safety-conscious driver.
- Paying for the full year upfront – This can sometimes be a painful pill to swallow when your premium is very high, but if you’re able to pay the full amount upfront you could save quite a bit of money versus a monthly payment plan.
- Downgrading your car for one in a lower insurance group – while this might sound drastic, it’s worth considering if the cost you’re being quoted for IN10 insurance is out of your budget. Cars with bigger, faster engines usually fall into higher insurance groups, so by trading in your motor for one with a smaller engine you could benefit from cheaper IN10 insurance quotes.