Compare CU80 insurance quotes now
Cheap Cu80 Insurance
- Compare 110+ providers and save up to £504*
- Access Cashback and Rewards
- 97% of reviewers recommend us
Don’t have your registration number? No problem, click here.
Compare cheap car insurance quotes from over 110 UK providers, including
Looking to insure a car for less?
Compare quotes from over 110 car insurance companies
Our car insurance comparison services increases your chance of finding a great deal by comparing 110+ quotes side-by-side.
Buy your car insurance online or over the phone
Sign up online or over the phone, and choose from monthly or annual payment options.
Save on your insurance
One short form is all it takes to compare cheap car insurance policies from over 100 insurance providers.
Over three million users
Over 3 million people save money with us each year.
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
The quote l got was the cheapest on all the comparison websites
I used other sites to get a car insurance. Quotezone was by far the best. I took a car insurance with an insurance company that they suggested. Since then I had an accident and the insurance company was great and I am very happy with them. To summaries I got a great deal from the financial aspects and also from the customer services aspects. I have already recommended Quotezone to a number of friends and as far as I know two of them have insured their cars via them.
4.89/5 from 38 customer reviews
Compare CU80 insurance with Quotezone
It might feel like your smartphone is an extension of your hand, but if you’re caught using your phone while driving you’ll suddenly find that you’re in the market for ‘CU80 insurance’ instead of regular car insurance, which is likely to cost quite a bit more.
That’s why it’s vital that you compare quotes from a wide range of different providers when you’re looking for car insurance for drivers with CU80 convictions. By shopping around in this way you increase your odds of finding a suitable insurance policy at a price that won’t break the bank.
And that’s where we come in – Quotezone.co.uk’s convicted driver car insurance comparison service can help motorists with points on their licence, speeding convictions, drink driving convictions or other motoring convictions compare quotes from a vast range of different providers side by side, and drivers with CU80 convictions fall into this category too. Convicted driver insurance isn’t likely to be cheap, but with Quotezone.co.uk’s insurance comparison system you could just find a policy that’s cheaper.
Compare CU80 insurance now
By how much will my car insurance premium rise after a CU80 conviction?
That largely depends on how many penalty points you receive for the CU80 conviction. Minor offences might only result in 3 penalty points, which could potentially increase your premium by an average of just 5% (assuming you don’t already have points on your licence, of course).
However, some CU80 convictions result in 6 penalty points, which would increase the cost of your CU80 insurance much more sharply – possibly by as much as 25% or 30%.
Why does a CU80 conviction have such a significant impact on my premium?
Insurance providers use a wide range of different variables when they’re calculating a policyholder’s car insurance premium, including their location, their age, their occupation, the type of vehicle they drive and how long they’ve held their licence.
Each of these variables are used to compile a ‘risk profile’ for that policyholder, based on what proportion of other motorists with similar attributes claimed on their insurance.
Motoring convictions for speeding, drinking driving, using a phone while driving, dangerous driving or a host of other violations will also be factored into a policyholder’s ‘risk profile’, with car insurance for these convicted drivers usually costing more because insurance claims data suggests these drivers are more likely to be involved in an accident and more likely to claim on their insurance.
What can I do to find cheap CU80 insurance?
If you’re looking to find cheaper car insurance after a CU80 conviction the most important thing you can do to increase your odds of finding a suitable policy at a fair price is to compare quotes from a wide range of providers.
In addition to shopping around in this way, there are a number of other things that might help you find cheaper CU80 insurance, such as:.
- Opting for a black box insurance policy – One way to help offset some of the risk you represent as a driver with a CU80 conviction is to provide the insurer with more information about your driving habits and adherence to the rules of the road. Telematics car insurance (or black box insurance, as it’s also known) is designed to give the insurance provider precisely this information, by installing a device in your vehicle that tracks your driving.
- Taking an advanced driving test (such as the ‘Pass Plus’ or ‘RoSPA Advanced Drivers and Riders’ test) – By taking an advanced driving test your premiums may actually be reduced with many insurers. This is because having an advanced driving test under your belt can actually serve as a way of showing insurers that you have the skills to deal with more challenging situations on the road that others may struggle with.
- Paying for the full year upfront – This can sometimes be a painful pill to swallow when your premium is very high, but if you’re able to pay the full amount upfront you could save quite a bit of money versus a monthly payment plan.