Quotezone.co.uk Fintech Scholarship
As a leading fintech company we’re keen to encourage students that may never have considered a career in financial technology to explore what the sector has to offer…whether or not they end up joining our company after they graduate.
That’s why we’ve specifically designed our Fintech Scholarship to encourage students to explore the world of finance or computer science.
The Quotezone.co.uk Fintech Scholarship is open to all students currently studying an undergraduate or postgraduate course on any subject. The winning entry will be awarded a £1,000 bursary.
The main aim of our Fintech Scholarship is to encourage students like your good self to research the fintech sector and get excited about everything it has to offer.
With that in mind, the application process involves writing or videoing an interesting, insightful blog/vlog post about fintech.
It doesn’t have to be long to be interesting – 400 to 500 words should do the trick.
Your article should discuss 1) any barriers and benefits you think there currently are to a university education 2) potential benefits the fintech industry has for the UK and for students 3) and finally any barriers to pursuing a career in fintech – we want to know any hesitations students may have so we can work towards showing them all that the fintech industry has to offer.
And although we’re a leading price comparison platform (we launched Quotezone.co.uk in 2005, and were recognised with Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards six years in row) your blog post or video does not have to be about the car insurance, home insurance sector or price comparison technologies.
Once you’ve written/recorded and published your blog/vlog, you should publish it online on the platform of your choosing. This can be anything from Medium.com, LinkedIn Pulse or your own blog.
Wherever you decide to publish it, though, make sure it’s published under your own name – pseudonyms just won’t cut the mustard!
Finally…it’s very important you don’t use the help of AI to write your article – any use of artificial intelligence will result in disqualification from the competition.
How to apply
When you’ve written/recorded and published your blog/vlog post you can apply for the Fintech Scholarship by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your published piece. One winner will be chosen across GB, with the winning student receiving a £1,000 bursary and the option to take part in some unpaid work experience with Quotezone.co.uk.
The deadline to apply for the Fintech Scholarship is 23:59 on 30th April 2024.
The Quotezone.co.uk Fintech Scholarship will award one successful applicant a £1,000 bursary, which they can use to cover part of their cost of living, whether that’s textbooks, course materials or any other living expenses.
Terms & Conditions
- In order to be eligible to apply for the Quotezone.co.uk Fintech Scholarship the applicant must be in full-time or part-time higher education in England, Wales or Scotland and must be able to provide proof of this fact if and when they win a bursary. Please see details above in respect to the application, how to apply and the deadline, all of which also form part of these Terms & Conditions.
- The Fintech Scholarship will be awarded by Quotezone.co.uk’s registered company name, Seopa Ltd, with our company’s scholarship panel choosing one winner from Great Britain.
- Only one application will be accepted from each student. If a student applies more than once Seopa Ltd’s scholarship panel will consider the application with the earliest time stamp.
- The scholarship panel’s decision is final.
- The successful applicant agrees to Seopa Ltd and its affiliated brands using his or her name, course of study and college or university name in press releases or other publicity materials.
- The copyright of each applicant’s blog post remains with the applicant, but Seopa Ltd reserves the right to share those blog posts via our social media channels, use short excerpts as part of our publicity materials and link to them from our websites.
- By entering into this scholarship process the applicant undertakes and warrants that the blog post has not been previously published, is their own original work and will not infringe intellectual property rights of anyone – nor should they use AI to write any part of the copy. The applicant further warrants that the work will not contain any material which is defamatory, private or confidential or which is unlawful in any way. Any application in breach of this clause will be disqualified from being considered by Seopa Ltd’s scholarship panel.
- Seopa Ltd takes no responsibility and is not liable in any way in respect to the content or accuracy of the blog post published by the applicant, even where that content happens to discuss car insurance, home insurance, or another product Quotezone.co.uk specialises in. The applicant accepts any and all liability arising from the content of their blog post, no matter the subject matter.
- Seopa Ltd does not accept responsibility for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by the applicant resulting from its application or participation in the Quotezone.co.uk Fintech Scholarship.
- Seopa Ltd reserves the right to vary, amend or cancel the Quotezone.co.uk Fintech Scholarship. Any changes to the Quotezone.co.uk Fintech Scholarship will be posted on www.quotezone.co.uk.
- Seopa Ltd is not responsible for contacting or responding to applicants who provide inaccurate or incomplete information or for applications that are lost, misdirected or delayed.
- By applying for the Quotezone.co.uk Fintech Scholarship the applicant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and the additional details outlined above.
- The Quotezone.co.uk Fintech Scholarship is organised by Seopa Ltd, 5th Floor Link Building, Adelaide Exchange, 24-26 Adelaide Street, Belfast, BT2 8GD. If you have any queries regarding the Quotezone.co.uk Fintech Scholarship, please contact us at email@example.com.