Compare Tradesman Insurance Quotes Now
Cheap Tradesman Insurance
- Quotes from UK insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money
Policies and deals from industry leading insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
Thank you this is best one
London, United Kingdom
Very easy website to use, vast amount of quotes to choose from and lots of information about each policy. Good prices as well.
4.75/5 from 2913 customer reviews
Compare cheap tradesman insurance quotes with Quotezone.co.uk
You may require tradesman insurance if you are a tradesman who works in clients homes or offices.
As a tradesman, you’ll spend most of your time fixing, making or improving things for other people but what’s your safety net when things take an unexpected turn?
Tradesman insurance is there to give you the help you need when you need it most; here’s what to consider.
What is tradesman insurance?
It’s a type of business insurance designed to protect tradesmen from financial loss if anything goes wrong. For example, if a customer was injured by your equipment, their property was damaged by your machinery or your tools were stolen by a thief tradesman insurance could cover the cost of repairs or replacements.
Who needs tradesman insurance?
Policies can be tailored to suit a broad range of trades – whether you’re a self-employed man (or woman) with a van or run a small business with employees. Some of the most popular trades include:
What does insurance for tradesmen UK include?
Tradesman insurance varies according to the insurer so it’s vital you know what is and isn’t covered by reading the small print.
It’s also worth knowing that most insurers will give you the option of adding on extra features for a small increase in your premium – giving you complete peace of mind. Features to look for include:
- Tradesman public liability insurance – this covers the cost of legal advice and compensation if someone blames you for damage or injury and takes you to court. Insurers offer differing levels of tradesman liability insurance ranging from £1 million up to £5 million, although some policies will cover you up to as much as £10 million.
- Employers’ liability insurance – covers claims made by employees if they become sick or are injured through work.
- Tradesman tool insurance – pays to replace damaged or stolen tools.
- Legal expenses insurance – pays for legal advice if you’re involved in a dispute.
- Business buildings and contents insurance – compensates you for damage or destruction of your business premises (if you have one).
You can also include contents cover for any office equipment you own – like desks and computers.
Do I need tradesman insurance by law?
Tradesman insurance isn’t a legal requirement but if you have any employees (including part timers) then you will need at least £5 million worth of employers’ liability by law. There are a few exemptions which you can find at the Health and Safety Executive. If you need employers’ liability but don’t have it, you could face a daily £2,500 fine.
What isn’t covered by tradesman insurance?
Almost all policies will have events and incidents they don’t cover – these are known as exclusions and often include:
- Wear and tear – you won’t be able to claim for repairs or replacements to tools or equipment worn through age.
- Negligence – this can include things like not securing premises or equipment properly so if your van was unlocked and tools were stolen, your insurer might not pay out.
- Working abroad – some policies will cover you if you spend a limited amount of time abroad but not if that’s where the bulk of your work takes place. Check to see exactly what your policy says as you might need specific cover to trade outside of the UK.
- Asbestos – most policies will cover you for accidental contact with asbestos but not if you’re undertaking any planned work where you know you’ll be exposed to it.
How much does tradesman insurance cost?
Cost will depend on all sorts of factors such as the trade you’re in, the type of risks you face and the features you need but it’s important to not be swayed by price alone.
Cheap tradesman insurance might look like a great deal, but it could end up far pricier compared to more comprehensive policies by the time you’ve added on extra features. Even worse, cheaper policies may not give you the cover you need, which potentially means paying for loss or damages yourself.
Compare tradesman UK insurance
At Quotezone.co.uk, we understand how important it is to get the protection you need at a price you can afford which is why we work with a range of trusted tradesman insurers to give you the most choice and the best value.
To find tradesman insurance that suits you, simply tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll bring back quotes that fit the bill. For a truly independent and unbiased service, start your search with us now.