Compare asbestos removal insurance quotes now
Cheap Asbestos Removal Insurance
- Quotes from UK insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
Very easy website to use, vast amount of quotes to choose from and lots of information about each policy. Good prices as well.
the price was right and the customer service excellent.
Poulton-le-Fylde, United Kingdom
4.75/5 from 2911 customer reviews
Who needs asbestos removal insurance?
Asbestos removal can be tricky and depending on the type of asbestos containing material (ACM) you’re dealing with, it can be even more complex. With that in mind, it’s crucial to have tradesman insurance you can rely on – just in case events don’t quite go to plan.
To help you choose the right policy for the job, here’s what to consider.
Why do I need asbestos removal insurance?
Asbestos removal insurance covers you for certain risks and incidents known as insured events. For example, if equipment was stolen, your insurer would cover the cost of replacements. Similarly, if your business premises were broken into, you’d be compensated for repairs. Without insurance, you’d be expected to cover these costs yourself.
What does asbestos insurance cover?
Policies vary depending on the insurer, but you’ll be able to bundle together different types of insurance under one policy to give your business the protection it needs. Popular features include:
- Public liability insurance – pays legal fees and compensation if a member of the public takes you to court for injury or damage to their property. Levels of cover vary but usually range from £1 million up to £10 million.
- Employers’ liability insurance – covers the cost of compensation if a member of staff becomes ill or is injured on the job. You must be insured for at least £5 million by law if you employ anyone at all – even if they’re part-time.
- Tools and equipment insurance – compensates you if tools or other equipment you own is damaged or stolen. Policies can also include cover for hired equipment but check the small print just to be sure.
- Legal expenses insurance – pays for legal advice and covers court costs if you’re involved in a dispute.
When you compare asbestos removal insurance, it’s always a good idea to take a look at the terms and conditions set out, along with any exclusions – these are events not covered by your policy. Although conditions and exclusions vary by insurer, some typical points include:
- Wear and tear – few, if any policies will pay to replace items that are damaged through age or use.
- Negligence – insurers can reject claims that are the result of negligence or lack of care. For example, you’re unlikely to be compensated if equipment was stolen from an office you forgot to lock up.
- Legal expenses cover – most insurers will only pay for legal advice if they believe your claim has a good chance success.
Do I need licensed or non-licensed asbestos removal insurance?
Non-licensed asbestos removal is generally considered ‘low risk’ which means you’re likely to pay a lower premium compared to licensed contractors working with asbestos deemed to be a ‘significant hazard’.
As tempting as it may be to not tell your insurer about the type of work you do, it’s critical that they understand the risks you face. If they don’t, they won’t be able to provide you with the right levels of protection – which could leave you significantly out of pocket or worse, without any cover at all.
How much does asbestos removal contractor insurance cost?
Cost depends on the policy you choose, the types of risks you face and whether or not you add on any extra features, but while price is undoubtedly important, it shouldn’t be your only consideration.
Cheaper policies might look like a bargain but if you have to add on extra features or increase levels of cover, your ‘bargain’ might cost you more than policies that initially appear expensive – which is why it’s essential to compare what’s included in the first place.
Compare asbestos removal insurance
Searching and comparing asbestos removal insurance is quick and easy at Quotezone.co.uk. We work with a range of insurance providers so that you can find a policy that’s just right for you. To start your search, just tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll bring back quotes that meet your needs – all you need to do, is pick one.
So, join our growing network of more than three million happy customers and find what you need with our independent and unbiased service.