Compare fitters insurance quotes now
Cheap Fitters Insurance
- Quotes from UK insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money
Policies and deals from industry leading insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
Thank you this is best one
London, United Kingdom
Very easy website to use, vast amount of quotes to choose from and lots of information about each policy. Good prices as well.
4.75/5 from 2914 customer reviews
Compare cheap fitters insurance quotes with Quotezone.co.uk
You may require tradesman insurance if you are a tradesman who works in clients homes or offices.
Fitting kitchens and bathrooms is a hands-on job which probably doesn’t leave you a lot of time to sort out your tradesman insurance. But cover is crucial because not having a policy could place your business at unnecessary financial risk. To help you choose what’s right for you, here’s what to consider.
What is kitchen and bathroom fitter insurance?
It’s a type of tradesman insurance designed to protect you from the risks you face as a kitchen and bathroom fitter – for example if your tools were stolen, your policy could cover the cost of replacements. Some policies will also meet the cost of legal fees and compensation if a claim is made against you.
Without insurance, you could face meeting these types of costs yourself, which could stretch into the thousands.
What does bathroom and kitchen fitter insurance cover?
Policies vary by insurer, but they usually combine a number of different types of insurance to give you and your business all-round protection. In most cases, you’ll also be given the option of bolting on additional features so that your exact needs are covered.
Kitchen and bathroom fitter insurance often includes a combination of:
- Public liability insurance – covers the cost of legal fees and compensation if a member of the public blames you for injury or damage to their property and takes you to court. Levels of cover vary from £1 million up to £5 million, and in some cases, up to £10 million. What’s right for you will depend on the risks you face but as a general guide, contractors working for local authorities are usually expected to have a minimum of £5 million cover.
- Employers’ liability insurance – provides compensation if an employee becomes sick or has an accident while working for you. You need a minimum of £5 million by law if you have any employees (even part-time workers). If you need it but don’t have it, you could face a daily fine of £2,500.
- Tools and equipment insurance – pays to replace stolen or damaged items you use for work. Levels of cover vary by insurer, but you should make sure that whatever you agree to, will cover the cost of replacements.
- Legal expenses insurance – covers court and legal fees if you’re involved in a dispute.
- Contract works insurance – compensates you for work you have to repair because it was damaged or destroyed by an insured event, for example if a fire burnt down a kitchen you hadn’t finished working on.
What exclusions do I need to be aware of?
An exclusion is an event that isn’t covered by your insurance – almost all policies have them, but some have more than others, so it’s vital to read your terms and conditions.
A typical exclusion is wear and tear which means your insurer is unlikely to replace equipment that becomes damaged through age and use. You’re also highly unlikely to be covered if something happens because of negligence – for instance if your tools were stolen because you left your van or workshop unlocked.
How much does fitter insurance cost?
Cost depends on numerous factors such as the number of features you choose and the levels of cover you decide on. Your claims history is also likely to be considered – the more you’ve made, the more you can expect to pay so think carefully about what you claim for.
But before you settle for the cheapest kitchen and bathroom fitter insurance you can find, check your happy with the small print. Cheap policies could cost you a lot more in the long run as they may not give you the protection you need which would mean having to make up the shortfall out of your own pocket.
Find kitchen and bathroom fitter insurance
If you’re searching for tradesman insurance, we’re confident you’ll find what you’re looking for with us at Quotezone.co.uk. So far, we’ve helped more than three million happy customers get the protection they need with our independent and unbiased service – why not start your quote right now?