Cheap Joiners Insurance
Compare cheap joiners insurance quotes with Quotezone.co.uk
You may require tradesman insurance if you are a tradesman who works in clients homes or offices.
As a joiner, attention to detail will be a huge part of your job but have you given your tradesman insurance the same level of scrutiny? Having the right kind of cover can prove a valuable safety net if something goes wrong. So, to help you make an informed decision about the protection you might need – here’s our guide to joiners insurance.
What is joiners insurance?
It’s a type of business insurance designed specifically for joiners. Policies cover you for a range of risks known as insured events which can include things like theft of tools or damage to equipment. Policies can also cover the cost of legal fees and compensation if you need to resolve a dispute in court. Without insurance, you’d have to cover these costs yourself.
What is public liability for self-employed joiners?
Public liability insurance will make up part of your tradesman insurance policy. It pays your legal fees and covers any compensation you might owe if a member of the public blames you for injury or damage to their property and takes you to court.
You might not think you need public liability insurance for joiners, but accidents happen when you least expect, regardless of experience or how many years you’ve been in the business for. After all, it only takes one client to trip over tools left lying around for an expensive claim to be made.
Insurers usually offer a minimum of £1 million pounds worth of cover but you can increase this according to your needs. For example, contractors working for local authorities are often expected to have a minimum of £5 million in public liability.
What else does joiner insurance cover?
You’ll be able to tailor a package to suit your exact business needs by combining different types of cover. Popular features include:
- Employers’ liability insurance – if you have any employees, even part-time or temporary workers, you’ll need a minimum of £5 million cover by law. If you don’t have employers’ liability, you could be fined £2,500 each day you go without it.
- Tools and equipment insurance – covers the cost of repairing or replacing damaged or stolen tools or equipment.
- Legal expenses – covers the cost of legal fees and court expenses if you need to settle a dispute.
What exclusions do I need to be aware of?
An exclusion is an event not covered by your insurance. Almost all policies come with exclusions, but they can vary slightly by insurer. With that in mind, it’s crucial to compare policy features so you know exactly what is and isn’t covered to avoid disappointment. Typical exclusions and conditions include:
- Normal wear and tear – policies very rarely (if at all) will cover the cost of repairing tools because they’re damaged through age or use.
- Negligence – insurers are unlikely to pay out if damage or theft is the result of negligence, for example if tools were stolen from an unlocked workshop.
- Working abroad – if you spend time working abroad, don’t assume that your policy will cover you. While some do, it’s usually for a limited amount of time so it’s always best to check before you head off.
How much does joinery insurance cost?
Cost varies considerably depending on the policy itself, the levels of cover you choose and the features you opt for. But while price undoubtedly plays an important part of any decision you make, it’s crucial not to be swayed by price alone.
Your joiners insurance policy should first and foremost, cover you for the types of risks and hazards you face. Not having appropriate cover places your business at financial risk and could hinder cash flow or even lead to a damaged reputation if you can’t defend yourself against a claim.
Search for joiners insurance
At Quotezone.co.uk, we work with a panel of leading UK insurers to help you find protection you can trust, at a price that suits your budget. To start your quote, simply tell us what you need and we’ll do the searching for you – we’ve helped more than three million happy customers so far, why not join them and discover cover without compromise.