Van Tool Insurance
Get Cheap Van Tool Cover
- Quotes from UK insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money
Policies and deals from industry leading insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
Thank you this is best one
London, United Kingdom
Very easy website to use, vast amount of quotes to choose from and lots of information about each policy. Good prices as well.
4.75/5 from 2914 customer reviews
Van Tool Insurance
Whether you’re a professional tradesmen or just a DIY enthusiast, if you carry tools in your van you’ll want to make sure that they are insured. Opting for a good tool insurance policy for your van can cover you against theft, loss of equipment, fire damage and accidents.
Why take out Van Tool Insurance?
There are a number of reasons why taking out a van tool insurance policy may benefit you. Firstly your tools may hold substantial financial value, especially if you are dealing with more expensive power tools and specialist equipment. With a good insurance ensures you won’t bear the entire cost if they are stolen, damaged, or lost.
In 2022 there were an estimated 34,712 tool thefts from vans in London alone. The more valuable your tools, the more enticing they are to potential thieves. Some simple steps you can take to reducing the chances of tool theft from your van include the following:
- Always locking your van – Even if you are nearby
- Park in well lit areas at night – Parking in a garage would be even more preferable
- Install security alarms and cameras
By following these steps you can also reduce the premium of your van coverage.
Van theft in the UK
- An average of 30 vans are stolen every day in the UK.
- The number of van thefts has increased by 81% since 2015.
- It is estimated that over 20,000 vans will be stolen in the UK by 2030.
- The most commonly stolen vans are Mercedes-Benz Sprinters, Ford Transits, and Volkswagen Transporters.
- The most common method of van theft is by using a keyless entry fob to unlock the van and start the engine.
- Other methods of van theft include breaking into the van, hot-wiring the van, or using a tow truck to steal the van.
- The most commonly stolen items from vans are tools, equipment, and electronic devices.
Does Van Tool Insurance cover accidents?
Yes, accidents are covered under a van tool insurance policy, not just theft. This can include collisions, adverse weather, or accidental mishaps. Tool insurance covers you from the expenses of repairing or replacing damaged tools. The cost of getting a good tool insurance policy is typically cheaper than the costs if of having tools damaged, destroyed or stolen.
How much can you insure your van tools for?
The amount of money you can insure your tools for in the UK depends on a number of factors, including the type of tools you have, their value, and the level of cover you want. Some insurers will allow you to insure your tools for their full replacement value, while others will only offer a partial refund. You should also consider the level of excess you are willing to pay. Comparing multiple quotes is a good way of finding insurers who can offer you coverage that is more in line with your needs.
Comparing Van Tool Insurance Quotes
By comparing van tool insurance, you can increase your chances of finding the cheapest tool insurance available for you. Quotezone has compiled a large panel of providers, making it easier than ever for you to find cheaper insurance options fast.