Compare tow truck insurance quotes now
Cheap Tow Truck Insurance
- Quotes from UK insurance providers
- One short form – save time u0026 money
Policies and deals from industry leading insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Our quote form uses 128-bit SSL encryption for your peace of mind.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
Very helpful and understanding
, United Kingdom
Richmond, United Kingdom
4.74/5 from 2216 customer reviews
Tow Truck Insurance – Compare Cheap Quotes
If you’re a tow truck driver it’s critical to have the correct insurance in place before you get behind the wheel, whether you’re a sole trader with a small breakdown and recovery business, or you run a large tow truck business and need to insure a fleet of tow trucks.
However, tow truck insurance can be costly, which is why it’s critical to compare tow truck insurance quotes from a variety of different insurance providers before purchasing a policy.
How much does it cost to insure a tow truck?
It’s impossible to forecast how much you’ll have to spend to insure your tow truck, as truck insurance firms examine a variety of risk variables when determining the rate. For example, the type of tow truck you own, its estimated market worth, its make and model, the year it was manufactured, the engine type it has, where it is stored when not in use, and the tow truck’s projected yearly miles will all be considered when calculating your insurance rate.
In addition, truck insurance firms will take into account factors relating to the tow truck driver as well, including their driving record, how long they’ve held their licence and the size of their no claims bonus.
Since so many factors are at play when it comes to the cost of your tow truck insurance, the best plan is to use our price comparison service to compare truck insurance quotes from a range of different insurance companies, and then go with the one that offers the best tow truck insurance policy at the best price.
How can I find cheaper tow truck insurance?
When you run your own vehicle breakdown and recovery business, or manage a larger business with a number of different tow trucks that you need to insure, the cost of your tow truck insurance is likely to one of your biggest recurring expenses. However, there are a few you can do to improve your chances of finding low-cost truck insurance. For starters, you could:
- Shop around for cheaper quotes – Price comparison sites can often help tow truck drivers find the best deals.
- Avoid young drivers when taking out tow truck insurance – Truck insurance for young drivers tends to be prohibitively expensive, so it’s best to ensure that any truck drivers named on your tow truck insurance policy are experienced drivers with clean driving records.
- Avoid ‘any driver’ truck insurance – Truck insurance policies that insure any licenced truck driver to drive that vehicle tend to be the most expensive option, because the insurer won’t have any information about the driver. It’s usually cheaper to add multiple named drivers to a tow truck insurance policy than it is to opt for ‘any driver’ truck insurance.