Specialist Campervan Insurance
Compare Campervan Insurance Quotes from Specialist Providers
- Quotes from UK insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
Very easy website to use, vast amount of quotes to choose from and lots of information about each policy. Good prices as well.
the price was right and the customer service excellent.
Poulton-le-Fylde, United Kingdom
4.75/5 from 2911 customer reviews
Specialist Campervan Insurance
What does specialist campervan insurance include?
The specific events covered will depend on the type of policy you buy and the insurers own terms and conditions. There are three types of policy you can choose from:
- Third-party only – policies compensate other people for injuries or damage you cause but won’t cover the cost of repairing your campervan. This is the lowest level of cover you can have by law.
- Third-party, fire and theft – includes third-party only cover and will also pay to repair or replace your campervan if it’s stolen or damaged by fire.
- Comprehensive – provides third-party, fire and theft cover and will compensate you if your camper is damaged in an accident. This is the highest level of cover you can buy.
Policies often include other features; some will be included as standard while others will need to be added for a small fee. Features typically offered include cover for:
- Accidental misfuelling
- European travel
- Spare parts
- Windscreen and glass
- Legal expenses
- Personal possessions which usually includes camping equipment
Should I define an agreed value when taking out specialist campervan insurance?
Agreed value is when you and your insurer decide how much your Talbot camper is worth. If your camper is written off or stolen, your insurer will pay out the agreed value instead of the market value, which could be much lower.
Not all insurers offer policies with an agreed value but it’s an option worth considering if you’ve spent a lot of time, money and effort modifying or upgrading your camper.
Do I need specialist campervan insurance all year round?
Under the rules of continuous insurance enforcement (CIE), all vehicles in the UK must be insured all of the time. Even if you don’t actually drive your camper on a regular basis, it must still be insured.
The only exception is if you arrange a SORN (statutory off road notification) which is an official declaration that your car is off the road.
If you’re caught without insurance and you don’t have a SORN, the penalties can be harsh. Not only can you be fined, you can also end up with six penalty points on your licence. In a worst-case scenario, you could even lose your licence.
Is specialist campervan insurance expensive?
Insurers take into account lots of considerations to work out your premium, for example:
- Your age – younger drivers pay significantly more than other age groups. This is because data shows under 25s are more likely to be involved in an accident. Some campervan policies may also have age restrictions so choice can also be limited.
- Security – you can keep premiums low by keeping your camper as secure as possible. To cut the risk of theft or vandalism, you could invest in an alarm or immobiliser.
- Mileage – the more miles you drive, the greater the risk of an accident which can push up premiums.
- Modifications – these can lead to higher insurance costs as your campervan will cost more to repair or replace.