Compare SP30 insurance quotes now
Cheap Sp30 Insurance
- Compare 110+ providers and save up to £490*
- Access Cashback and Rewards
- 97% of reviewers recommend us
Don’t have your registration number? No problem, click here.
Compare cheap car insurance quotes from over 110 UK providers, including
Looking to insure a car for less?
Compare quotes from over 110 car insurance companies
Our car insurance comparison services increases your chance of finding a great deal by comparing 110+ quotes side-by-side.
Buy your car insurance online or over the phone
Sign up online or over the phone, and choose from monthly or annual payment options.
Save on your insurance
One short form is all it takes to compare cheap car insurance policies from over 100 insurance providers.
Over three million users
Over 3 million people save money with us each year.
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
The quote l got was the cheapest on all the comparison websites
I used other sites to get a car insurance. Quotezone was by far the best. I took a car insurance with an insurance company that they suggested. Since then I had an accident and the insurance company was great and I am very happy with them. To summaries I got a great deal from the financial aspects and also from the customer services aspects. I have already recommended Quotezone to a number of friends and as far as I know two of them have insured their cars via them.
4.89/5 from 38 customer reviews
SP30 insurance comparison
Over 80% of all motoring convictions in the UK are due to speeding offences, and SP30 (‘exceeding statutory speed limit on a public road’) is the most common speeding conviction.
While this does mean there are likely to be more insurance providers willing to insure a driver with speeding convictions than those with one of the other conviction codes (DR10 for a drink driving conviction, for instance), SP30 insurance is still likely to be more expensive than a standard, run-of-the-mill car insurance policy might cost.
That’s why it’s vital that you compare quotes from a wide range of different providers when you’re looking for car insurance for drivers with SP30 convictions. By shopping around for the best deals you increase your odds of finding the right policy at the right price.
And that’s where we come in – Quotezone.co.uk’s convicted driver car insurance comparison service can help motorists with speeding convictions compare quotes from a vast range of different providers side by side. Convicted driver insurance isn’t likely to be cheap, but with Quotezone.co.uk’s insurance comparison system you could just find a policy that’s cheaper.
Compare SP30 insurance now
Does the number of penalty points I got for my SP30 conviction affect the cost of my car insurance?
Yes, the number of penalty points your driving licence was endorsed with when you received an SP30 speeding conviction is likely to have a significant impact on the cost of your insurance.
Minor speeding offences might only result in 3 penalty points, but might increase your premium by a relatively modest amount – 5% seems to be the average increase for 3 penalty points.
On the other hand, if your speeding offence was more serious you could receive up to 6 penalty points for that conviction, which might increase the cost of your SP30 insurance by as much as 30%.
How can I find cheap SP30 insurance?
If you’re looking to find cheaper SP30 insurance the most important thing you can do to increase your odds of finding a suitable policy at a fair price is to compare quotes from a wide range of providers.
In addition to shopping around in this way, there are a number of other things that might help you find cheaper SP30 insurance, such as:
- Taking an advanced driving test (such as the ‘Pass Plus’ or ‘RoSPA Advanced Drivers and Riders’ test) – This isn’t always the case, but some insurance companies might be willing to offer a lower premium if you pass one of these courses, because they can help to prove that you’re a safety-conscious driver.
- Opting for a black box insurance policy – One way to help offset some of the risk you represent as a driver with a SP30 conviction is to provide the insurer with more information about your driving habits and adherence to the rules of the road. Telematics car insurance (or black box insurance, as it’s also known) is designed to give the insurance provider precisely this information, by installing a device in your vehicle that tracks your driving.
- Paying for the full year upfront – This can sometimes be a painful pill to swallow when your premium is very high, but if you’re able to pay the full amount upfront you could save quite a bit because it means you won’t have to pay interest on the premium amount.