Compare SP30 insurance quotes now
Cheap Sp30 Insurance
- Quotes from UK insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money
Policies and deals from industry leading insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Our quote form uses 128-bit SSL encryption for your peace of mind.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
Quick and easy to use found what I was looking for and saved £150 on my renewal quote
, United Kingdom
, United Kingdom
4.75/5 from 2079 customer reviews
SP30 insurance comparison
Over 80% of all motoring convictions in the UK are due to speeding offences, and SP30 (‘exceeding statutory speed limit on a public road’) is the most common speeding conviction.
While this does mean there are likely to be more insurance providers willing to insure a driver with speeding convictions than those with one of the other conviction codes (DR10 for a drink driving conviction, for instance), SP30 insurance is still likely to be more expensive than a standard, run-of-the-mill car insurance policy might cost.
That’s why it’s vital that you compare quotes from a wide range of different providers when you’re looking for car insurance for drivers with SP30 convictions. By shopping around for the best deals you increase your odds of finding the right policy at the right price.
And that’s where we come in – Quotezone.co.uk’s convicted driver car insurance comparison service can help motorists with speeding convictions compare quotes from a vast range of different providers side by side. Convicted driver insurance isn’t likely to be cheap, but with Quotezone.co.uk’s insurance comparison system you could just find a policy that’s cheaper.
Compare SP30 insurance now
Does the number of penalty points I got for my SP30 conviction affect the cost of my car insurance?
Yes, the number of penalty points your driving licence was endorsed with when you received an SP30 speeding conviction is likely to have a significant impact on the cost of your insurance.
Minor speeding offences might only result in 3 penalty points, but might increase your premium by a relatively modest amount – 5% seems to be the average increase for 3 penalty points.
On the other hand, if your speeding offence was more serious you could receive up to 6 penalty points for that conviction, which might increase the cost of your SP30 insurance by as much as 30%.
How can I find cheap SP30 insurance?
If you’re looking to find cheaper SP30 insurance the most important thing you can do to increase your odds of finding a suitable policy at a fair price is to compare quotes from a wide range of providers.
In addition to shopping around in this way, there are a number of other things that might help you find cheaper SP30 insurance, such as:
- Taking an advanced driving test (such as the ‘Pass Plus’ or ‘RoSPA Advanced Drivers and Riders’ test) – This isn’t always the case, but some insurance companies might be willing to offer a lower premium if you pass one of these courses, because they can help to prove that you’re a safety-conscious driver.
- Opting for a black box insurance policy – One way to help offset some of the risk you represent as a driver with a SP30 conviction is to provide the insurer with more information about your driving habits and adherence to the rules of the road. Telematics car insurance (or black box insurance, as it’s also known) is designed to give the insurance provider precisely this information, by installing a device in your vehicle that tracks your driving.
- Paying for the full year upfront – This can sometimes be a painful pill to swallow when your premium is very high, but if you’re able to pay the full amount upfront you could save quite a bit because it means you won’t have to pay interest on the premium amount.