Compare TT99 insurance quotes now
Cheap Tt99 Insurance
- Quotes from UK insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money
Policies and deals from industry leading insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Secure & Encrypted
We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
I managed to get our home and contents insured instantly when I needed to do so on the 12th January, after moving to a new home. The service was first class, and easy to complete online.
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
4.75/5 from 3112 customer reviews
TT99 Insurance – Compare Cheap Quotes
If you were disqualified from driving under the ‘totting up’ system you will have had a TT99 conviction code added to your driving record, which means you’ll likely have to pay considerably more for your ‘TT99 insurance’ after the period of disqualification ends than you were used to paying beforehand.
Of course, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t shop around for cheap TT99 insurance quotes. In fact, when you need any type of ‘convicted driver insurance’ it’s even more important than usual that you shop around for the best quotes by comparing prices from a wide range of different providers. By doing that you stand a far better chance of finding a suitable TT99 insurance policy at a price that won’t break the bank.
Compare TT99 insurance quotes now
What is totting up?
When you commit a motoring offence the resulting penalty points will be added to your licence for a predefined amount of time, and if your licence is endorsed with additional points before the previous points are removed each of those points will be added together (or ‘totted up’) to calculate your total points across multiple offences.
If a driver’s licence is endorsed with 12 or more points under the totting up system they will automatically be disqualified from driving, with the TT99 conviction code applied to indicate disqualification through totting up.
Why does TT99 insurance cost so much?
Drivers who have previously received a driving ban represent a higher risk to insurance providers, so insurers increase their premiums to offset some of that risk.
It’s also important to bear in mind that some car insurance companies aren’t willing to insure drivers with a TT99 conviction at all, which means the range of providers you can choose between after a period of disqualification might be more limited.
How long will the TT99 conviction continue to affect my car insurance premium?
A TT99 conviction will stay on your driving record for 4 years, which means your TT9 insurance could cost more than you’re used to paying for standard car insurance for that whole time.
How can I find cheap TT99 insurance?
First and foremost, if you’re looking for cheap car insurance after your disqualification ends you need to shop around by comparing quotes from a wide range of providers, because each insurer has different underwriting terms and some might be more open to insuring drivers with TT99 convictions than others.
Beyond that, it might be worth looking into:
- Black box insurance – One way to help offset some of the risk you represent as a motorist with a TT99 conviction is to provide the insurer with more data about your driving. Black box insurance (or Telematics insurance, as it’s also known) is designed to give the insurance provider precisely this information, by installing a device in your vehicle that tracks your speed, handling and braking, as well as where and when you drive.
- Parking in a garage or on a private driveway – cars that are parked on a private driveway or in a garage have a lower risk of being stolen, vandalised or hit by a passing car, which could help offset some of the other risks you represent as a disqualified driver.
- Paying for the full year upfront – This can sometimes be a painful pill to swallow when your disqualified driver insurance premium is very high, but if you’re able to pay the full amount upfront you could save quite a bit of money versus a monthly payment plan.