Login Menu

French Holiday Home Insurance

Affordable French Holiday Home Insurance

  • Quotes from UK insurance providers
  • One easy form – save time & money

Policies and deals from industry leading insurance providers, including

Insurance for Holiday Homes
Park Home Assist Insurance
Apricot Insurance
Highworth Insurance
GSI Insurance
My Insurance
Ibex Insurance
My Holiday Home Insurance
Brady Insurance
Peacock Insurance Services
Got You Covered
Ace Insurance
Coversure Insurance Services
Sharrock Insurance

Looking for cheaper insurance?


Secure & Encrypted

We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.


Over three million users

Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.


You could save time and money

Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.


Independent and unbiased service

We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.

What people have to say about us

Easy and very fair quotes, thanks.


Grays, United Kingdom

Very easy and quick to compare quotes.


United Kingdom

4.75/5 from 3260 customer reviews

France Holiday Home Insurance

Having a holiday home in France gives you the chance of having yourself a continental retreat whenever you need, as well as the possibility to make rental income from hiring it out as a holiday home. In order to protect your holiday home you will need to make sure that you have adequate insurance to protect your second home from damage. Some French insurers may not be as comprehensive as many in the UK but we’re here to help you find your ideal policy. Some comparison sites offer online quotes which may not be totally suitable to those with French holiday homes and their prices may not be the cheapest or the best. Quotezone can compare brokers and providers to locate a more suitable policy for you.

Is holiday home insurance a legal requirement in France?

All homes in France must be fully insured, even if they’re empty for part of the year.

If you co-own your holiday home in France (if it’s part of condominium, for example), you might not need such full coverage.

In France, property owners are required to take out civil liability insurance, which covers accidental damage to neighbouring property.

Can I take out standard home insurance for my French holiday home?

No, the risks associated with a holiday home are greater than those of your main residence. Holiday homes remain unoccupied for longer time periods, leaving the property vulnerable to vandalism, theft, squatting, and unchecked damaged. If you take out standard home insurance alone, your holiday home won’t be adequately covered.

What additional cover might I need when I’m taking out holiday home insurance France?

Some regions in France experience harsh winters, which you might want to protect your French holiday home against. Consider cover for natural disasters and burst pipes

Are there any risks in buying a French holiday home?

Naturally, everything comes with a certain level of risk. Your home may be a coastal home which is susceptible to some harsh weather, or it may be unoccupied for much of the year, leaving it open to damage or burglary. This is why having comprehensive quality home insurance is vitally important. You will require insurance for the building as well as any contents. If you purchased a project home where you have fixed it up you will need a qualified valuation report in order to assess its full market value. You will also need to take into account exterior buildings such as barns, pool houses, sheds, stables and the like.

Are you FCA regulated?

Yes, Quotezone and all recommended partners are regulated by the FCA.