Login Menu

Holiday Property Insurance

Cheap Holiday Property Insurance

  • Quotes from UK insurance providers
  • One short form – save time & money

Policies and deals from industry leading insurance providers, including

Insurance for Holiday Homes
Park Home Assist Insurance
Apricot Insurance
Highworth Insurance
GSI Insurance
My Insurance
Ibex Insurance
My Holiday Home Insurance
Brady Insurance
Peacock Insurance Services
Got You Covered
Ace Insurance
Coversure Insurance Services
Sharrock Insurance

Looking for cheaper insurance?


Secure & Encrypted

We guarantee your confidence when shopping online by following the latest internet security standards.


Over three million users

Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.


You could save time and money

Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.


Independent and unbiased service

We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.

What people have to say about us

An excellent quote for my car insurance and with more rewards to follow.



I found Quotezone very useful and got a great car insurance deal 👌 Thanks 😊


Folkestone, United Kingdom

4.75/5 from 3216 customer reviews

Holiday property insurance

Get cheap insurance quotes to insure a holiday property from across the UK.

Having a holiday property can make it easy to enjoy holidays in your favourite destination without having to book accommodation, letting you really enjoy exploring a lovely part of the world. However, there are risks that come from owning a holiday property. It is important to look at getting the right holiday home insurance to make sure that you are protected from additional costs if something goes wrong.

If you want to shop around for cheap insurance, you can enter your details to get a range of quotes from UK insurers. This can help you save money and find the right type of insurance for your holiday property.

Do I need to get holiday property insurance?

Sometimes a mortgage provider will have rules stating that you need appropriate holiday property insurance. Otherwise, it is not normally a legal requirement to have insurance for a holiday property. However, it is worth looking at insurance for your holiday property as it can help protect you from the unexpected costs that occur after accidents.

Can I get regular home insurance for my holiday property?

No. Home insurance is only designed to insure your primary property where you live most of the time. It does not cover holiday properties that are left empty for long periods of time – usually, this is if the holiday property is left empty for 30 days or more.

Why is it more expensive to insure a holiday property?

Insuring a holiday property is often more expensive because any property left empty for long periods of time is at higher risk. Empty houses can be a more appealing target to vandals or burglars. Also, there is a higher risk that if a property is empty, small problems may not be noticed in time – such as a leaking pipe not being fixed before it causes significant damage to your holiday property. While holiday property insurance is expensive, it is also important to help avoid these problems.

Can I insure a foreign holiday property with UK insurers?

Yes. Many UK insurers will offer insurance for properties abroad, in Spain, France, or other destinations. This can be very helpful as it means your policy documents will be in English.

Can I insure any type of holiday property?

Most types of holiday properties can be insured. However, some special building types may need specialist insurance – for example, log cabin insurance covered wood-framed buildings which are at higher risk of fire, while lodge insurance covers mountain properties at higher risk of avalanche.

What does holiday property insurance usually cover?

The most basic type of holiday property insurance is building cover, which covers against fire, flood, break-ins, or storms.

Can I add additional cover?

Yes. Most insurers will let you add more types of cover to insure a holiday property. This can include contents cover, legal cover, and emergency repair cover.