Cheap Charity Minibus Insurance
Compare charity minibus insurance quotes with Quotezone’s panel of UK providers.
As a charity, it’s crucial to protect your assets. Charity minibus insurance can give you the peace of mind you need, knowing that you’re covered if you ever need to claim – here’s what to consider.
Who needs charity minibus insurance?
Charity minibus insurance is aimed at the voluntary and not-for-profit sectors who need to cover vehicles with 9 or more seats. This can include community groups and clubs and groups with charity status.
For insurance purposes, the maximum number of seats in a minibus is usually capped at 16 or 17, although this can vary by insurer. Vehicles with more than 17 seats are often classed as coaches.
What does charity minibus insurance cover?
Charity minibus insurance covers the same risks as other types of vehicle insurance so you’ll be able to choose from:
- Third party only – covers the cost of injury and damage done to other people and their property. Policies also cover the passengers you carry but won’t compensate you for injuries or pay to repair your minibus.
- Third party, fire and theft – provides third party only cover and will also cover costs if your minibus is stolen or damaged by fire.
- Comprehensive – includes third party, fire and theft cover and will also pay to repair or replace your minibus if you’re involved in an accident, even if the accident is your fault.
Policies can also include a number of other features that increase the number of incidents you’re covered for. If they aren’t included as standard you’ll usually be able to add them on for an increase in your premium. Optional features include:
- Breakdown cover.
- European cover.
- Glass replacement including windscreen cover.
Does standard vehicle insurance cover minibuses?
Standard car insurance won’t be enough to cover your minibus because the risks involved are different. For example, minibuses are larger and carry more people which increases the cost of a potential claim. If you cover a lot of miles in your minibus, insurers also need to weigh up the increased risk of you being involved in an accident.
If you don’t have appropriate insurance, you risk invalidating any policy you do have which means your insurer can refuse to pay if you make a claim.
How much does it cost to insure a charity minibus?
A number of factors influence the cost of minibus insurance, for example:
- The type of minibus you own and its value – new or expensive vehicles generally cost more to insure.
- How old you are or how old other named drivers are – younger drivers (under 25) typically pay higher than average premiums.
- How secure your minibus is – the more secure it is, the more competitive your premium is likely to be.
- Whether you add on any extras – the more you add on, the higher your premium is likely to be.
When you compare quotes, it’s a good idea to look at all the features included. Cheap charity minibus insurance might look like a great deal, but they may not give you the level of protection you need.
On the other hand, pricier policies could offer more comprehensive cover and include more features as standard making them better value for money.
How can I get cheaper charity minibus insurance?
Comparing charity minibus insurance quotes really is the quickest and easiest way to find affordable cover. If you want to save even more, you could also:
- Pay for your policy upfront to avoid interest charges.
- Ensure named drivers are over 25 with clean driving licences.
- Increase minibus security, for example keeping it in a locked garage or investing in an immobiliser.
- Improve driving skills by taking part in an advanced driving course. Some insurers will offer discounts if you or any other named driver pass.