Compare 9 seater minibus insurance quotes now
Cheap 9 Seater Minibus Insurance
- Quotes from UK insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money
Policies and deals from industry leading insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Our quote form uses 128-bit SSL encryption for your peace of mind.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
Quick and easy to use found what I was looking for and saved £150 on my renewal quote
, United Kingdom
, United Kingdom
4.75/5 from 2079 customer reviews
Compare 9 seater minibus insurance quotes with Quotezone’s panel of UK providers.
Regardless of whether you operate a public hire or private hire vehicle, cheap 9 seater minibus insurance is going to be very important to you.
Whether you use your 9-seater minibus for work, church, charity events or ordinary family life, it’s crucial to have insurance that gives you the cover you need. To ensure you get the best 9 seater minibus insurance policy for your needs and budget, here’s what to consider.
What’s the maximum number of seats a minibus can have?
Minibuses typically have 9 or more seats up to a maximum of 16. On your logbook (V5C) your vehicle should be classed under category M2 if it’s a minibus with up to 16 seats. Generally speaking, anything with more than 16 seats is considered a coach – which you’ll need coach insurance for.
Who needs 9-seater minibus insurance?
If you drive a minibus with between 9 and 16 seats, you’ll need a minibus insurance policy, whereas vehicles with 6 or 7 seats can often be insured as people carriers (also known as multi-purpose vehicles, or MPVs).
The reason vehicles with 9 or more seats need 9-seater minibus insurance is that carry a different set of risks faced – for example, they’re usually much larger than people carriers, which can affect manoeuvrability and introduce additional blind spots.
What does 9-seater minibus insurance cover?
Like other types of vehicle insurance, you’ll be able to choose from one of three levels of cover:
- Third party only – this covers the cost of injury and damage you cause to other people, but it won’t pay to fix your 9-seater minibus if it’s damaged. This is the minimum level you can have by law.
- Third party, fire and theft – includes third party only and will also pay to repair or replace your minibus if it’s stolen or damaged by fire.
- Comprehensive – provides third party, fire and theft cover and will also cover costs if your minibus needs fixing. This is the highest level of cover you can buy.
You’ll also need to make sure your policy covers the way you use your minibus. So, if you’re using your minibus for a charity, school or community group, you should let your insurer know so they can take this into account.
If you carry fare paying passengers, your policy should include hire and reward cover. This will allow you to transport passengers in exchange for money – for instance if you use your minibus as a taxi service.
If your policy doesn’t give you the cover you need based on the way you use your minibus, you risk invalidating any policy you have. This means your insurer can refuse to pay out should you need to claim. If in doubt, speak to your insurer, as they’ll be able to tailor your policy to suit your needs.
How much does it cost to insure a 9-seater minibus?
Cost depends on a number of different factors and insurers will consider each of these to work out a fair premium based on your needs and the chances of a claim being made. Insurers will typically consider:
- Minibus value – new or particularly expensive minibuses are likely to cost more to insure.
- Driver age – younger drivers under 25 tend to pay more for insurance.
- Parking and security – the lower the risk of theft or damage, the lower the premium.
- Penalty points – premiums are significantly higher if drivers have penalty points on their licence.
How can I get cheap 9-seater minibus insurance?
When you compare minibus insurance, it’s a good idea to look at what’s on offer rather than make a decision based on price alone. That said, there are plenty of ways to keep insurance costs as low as possible, such as:
- Pay for your policy upfront to avoid interest fees.
- Build up your no claims bonus by thinking carefully about what you claim for.
- Ensure drivers are over 25 with clean driving records.
- Only buying the cover you need instead of adding on extras ‘just in case’.
- Invest in a security device if you can’t keep your minibus on private property overnight.
Of course, the easiest and quickest way to find great deals on cover, is to compare 9-seater minibus insurance providers right here at Quotezone.co.uk. Simply answer a few questions and we’ll bring back quotes that fit your needs and your budget.