Cheap School Minibus Insurance
Compare School Minibus insurance quotes with Quotezone’s panel of UK providers.
Most schools have limited budgets, which means it’s vital that they get the right school minibus insurance for their minibus at a price that doesn’t break the bank.
What type of vehicle would be classed as a school minibus?
If your school’s vehicle is a minibus, it should be listed under the M2 category on its logbook (V5C). It will generally also have between nine and 17 seats.
If this is the case, then you’ll need school minibus insurance because standard car insurance won’t be suitable for this type of vehicle.
The reason for that is that the risks involved are slightly different. For example, minibuses are much larger and the consequences of an accident can be far more costly compared to a car.
School minibus insurance will also take into account the multiple stops you’ll need to make, as well as early starts. If you travel cross country to take students to events then this will also be factored into your policy.
If you don’t have the appropriate insurance to cover the way you use your minibus, any cover you do have will be invalid. This means your insurer can refuse to pay out if you make a claim – leaving you with hefty bills.
What does school minibus insurance cover?
Policies cover the same risks as other types of vehicle insurance so you’ll be able to choose from one of three levels:
- Third party only – compensates other people for injury you cause to them or damage to their property. It’s crucial to know that third party only will not cover the cost of damage to your school minibus if you have an accident. It’s also the lowest level of cover you can have by law.
- Third party, fire and theft – provides third party only cover and will also pay to repair or replace your minibus if it’s stolen or damaged by fire.
- Comprehensive – includes third party only cover and will also compensate you if your school minibus is damaged in an accident. This is the highest level of cover you can buy.
As well as the level of cover, you’ll be able to choose other additional features which will increase the number of incidents you’re covered for, examples include:
- Breakdown and emergency recovery.
- European travel if you travel to Europe for school trips.
- Glass cover including the windscreen.
How much does insurance for a school minibus cost?
To work out your premium, insurers consider a number of different factors, such as:
- Minibus value – premiums are likely to cost more if your minibus is new, powerful or expensive.
- Driver age – young drivers under 25 pay significantly more compared to other age groups.
- Mileage – the more miles you cover, the greater the risk of being involved in an accident which will be reflected in your premium.
- Location – insurance can cost more if you’re in a busy urban area with congested streets as there’s a higher risk of accident, theft and vandalism.
How can I get cheap school minibus insurance?
To get the best value school minibus insurance, always compare what’s on offer by looking at the features included as well as checking any limits and conditions. When you’ve found a policy that suits you, you can keep premiums as low as possible with these tips:
- Pay for your policy upfront to avoid interest fees.
- Keep your minibus as secure as possible in a locked garage or invest in a security device.
- Ensure drivers are 25 or over with no penalty points.
Compare minibus insurance for schools
At Quotezone.co.uk it’s quick and easy to search for school minibus insurance – simply fill in our online quote form and we’ll take care of the rest.