Compare company minibus insurance quotes now
Cheap company Minibus Insurance
- Quotes from UK insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money
Policies and deals from industry leading insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Our quote form uses 128-bit SSL encryption for your peace of mind.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
Very easy to use website would definitely recommend!
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Easy web site to use also got my car insurance 150 pounds cheaper well worth the visit to Quotezone
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4.74/5 from 2242 customer reviews
Compare company minibus insurance quotes with Quotezone’s panel of UK providers.
If you run your own business, you’ll know how important it is to plan for the unexpected. With that in mind, it’s crucial to have cover you can rely on – here’s what to consider when it comes to company minibus insurance.
Who needs company minibus insurance?
If you use a minibus for your business, then you’ll need business minibus insurance. These policies are tailored to cover the way you use your minibus – whether you run an airport taxi service, organise sightseeing road trips or simple transport your company staff from one site to another.
Whatever you use your minibus for, it’s vital to make sure your policy covers your needs. If it doesn’t, regardless of what policy you have, your insurer can refuse to pay out if you need to claim.
What does company minibus insurance cover?
Company minibus insurance covers the same basic risks as other types of vehicle insurance, so you’ll be able to choose from:
- Third party only – compensates other people for injury and damage you cause to them and their property but won’t compensate you if your minibus is damaged.
- Third party, fire and theft – includes third party only cover and will pay to repair or replace your minibus if it’s stolen or damaged by fire.
- Comprehensive – includes third party, fire and theft and will cover costs if your minibus is damaged in an accident you cause.
Company minibus insurance can also offer a range of other features, increasing the number of events your covered for and raising your level of protection – for example:
- Breakdown cover.
- Increased public liability cover which will compensate members of the public if you’re held responsible for an accident.
- Employers liability insurance which you must have by law if you employ any members of staff, even part-time and temporary workers.
- Glass, including windscreen cover.
- 24-hour advice line.
If features aren’t included in your policy as standard, you should be able to add them on for an additional cost.
What type of business minibus insurance do I need?
Any policy you choose, should reflect the way in which you use your minibus. If you’re using it to transport fare paying passengers, you’ll need to make sure your policy includes hire and reward. This ensures you’re covered for the risks involved in carrying a high turnover of passengers and being on the road frequently.
Can I insure more than one company minibus?
Yes, if you’ve got more than one minibus, it’s worth taking a look at fleet insurance. In most cases, insurers will offer you a discount for every additional minibus or vehicle you add on to your policy. If you own several minibuses, this could result in significant savings.
How much does it cost to insure a company minibus?
Cost comes down to several factors that are specific to you and the way you use your minibus so insurers will consider:
- The value of your minibus – newer or expensive vehicles are likely to mean higher premiums to reflect the cost of repairs or a replacement.
- Minibus use – the type of business you’re in and the way you use your minibus will also influence the cost of your premium.
- Driver age – it’ll cost you more to insure younger drivers as under 25s are statistically more likely to be involved in accidents.
- Miles you cover – the more miles your minibus covers, the more you can expect to pay as there’s a greater risk of being in an accident.
How can I cut the cost of business minibus insurance?
Cost will always be an important point to consider when it comes to arranging business insurance for your minibus but it’s vital to compare policies to make sure you get value for money.
To keep your insurance costs as low as possible, here’s what you can do:
- Pay for your policy in one go to avoid interest fees.
- Increase your voluntary excess which can lower your overall premium. If you do this, it should still be affordable because you’ll need to pay it for a claim to go ahead.
- Invest in security. If you can’t keep your minibuses in a garage, lock-up or on private land, investing in security devices could be a good alternative.