Cheap Welders Insurance
Who needs Welders insurance
It doesn’t matter how experienced you are, things don’t always go to plan – which is why it’s crucial to have the right kind of cover. Welders insurance can give you the protection your business needs and cover you for the specific risks you face at work. To help you find the protection you need, here’s a breakdown of what to think about.
What is welders insurance?
It’s a type of tradesman insurance that covers you for a range of incidents known as insured events, these can include things like theft of tools or damage or destruction of your business premises because of fire, flood or vandalism. Policies can also cover legal fees if you needed to settle a dispute in court.
What is welder public liability insurance?
Public liability insurance is one of the most important features of any business insurance policy. It covers legal fees and compensation if a member of the public blames you for injury or damage to their property and decides to take you to court.
Levels of cover vary, typically from £1 million up to as much as £10 million and it’s up to you to decide what your business might need. When it comes to deciding, bear in mind that you may be expected to have a certain level of cover depending on the type of projects you work on. For example, local authority contractors are often expected to have at least £5 million worth of public liability cover. Similarly, if you belong to a guild or trade body, you might need a certain level in place.
It’s easy to underestimate just how important public liability cover is – especially if you work alone or run a small business and only take on minor projects but accidents do happen. All it takes is for a client to trip over tools left lying around or for you to accidently damage their property on a job for an expensive claim to be made.
So, despite the fact that public liability is not a legal requirement, it is something that’s strongly recommended to protect your business from the risk of costly legal proceedings.
What other features does welder insurance include?
Like other types of business insurance, your policy will combine a number of different types of insurance in order to give you all-round protection. For example, as well as public liability cover, you could add:
- Employers’ liability insurance – you’ll need this by law if you have any employees, even part-time or temporary workers. It covers compensation claims if an employee is injured or becomes ill because of work. If you’re caught without it, you could face a £2,500 fine for every day you go without insurance.
- Tool insurance – compensates you for damaged or stolen tools, you can also add equipment cover for larger or more expensive items.
- Personal accident insurance – compensates you for lost income and covers medical expenses if you have an accident and can’t work.
- Legal expenses – covers legal fees and court costs if you need to settle a dispute.
- Business buildings and contents insurance – covers the cost of damage if your business premises is damaged or destroyed because of an event you’re insured for (for example, a fire or flood).
- Contract works insurance – compensates you for any unfinished work you have to re-do because it’s been damaged.
How much does welder insurance cost?
Cost can vary considerably depending on the number of features your policy has and the levels of cover you choose. Your premium can also be affected by the exact nature of the work you do (for example whether you work on large scale commercial projects or work on smaller jobs in your own workshop).
Although price will always be an important consideration, it’s essential to compare policy features and to be aware of any terms, conditions and exclusions (events that aren’t covered). You might find you need to add on extra features to bring a cheaper policy up to the level of protection you need and there could also be numerous exclusions. On the other hand, policies that appear expensive might already provide a comprehensive level of cover – giving you better value.
Compare welder insurance
At Quotezone.co.uk, we work with a panel of trusted insurers to bring you choice – because we understand how important it is to get the right protection at a price that fits your budget. So far, we’ve helped more than three million happy customers – join them and start your quote for all your business, liability and tools insurance needs.