Compare farm truck insurance quotes now
Cheap Farm Truck Insurance
- Quotes from UK insurance providers
- One short form – save time u0026 money
Policies and deals from industry leading insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Our quote form uses 128-bit SSL encryption for your peace of mind.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
Very helpful and understanding
, United Kingdom
Richmond, United Kingdom
4.74/5 from 2216 customer reviews
Farm Truck Insurance – Compare Cheap Quotes
If you’re a farmer who relies on one or more farm trucks for the running of your farm it’s critical to have the correct insurance in place before you get behind the wheel, whether you’re driving a flatbed truck, a tipper truck or a pickup truck.
However, farm truck insurance can be costly, which is why it’s critical to compare farm truck insurance quotes from a variety of different insurance providers before purchasing a policy.
How much does it cost to insure a farm truck?
It’s impossible to predict how much you’ll have to spend to insure your farm truck, since truck insurance firms factor in a variety of risk variables when determining the rate. For example, the type of farm truck you own, its estimated market worth, its make and model, the year it was manufactured, the engine type it has, where it is stored when not in use, and the farm truck’s projected yearly miles will all be considered when calculating your insurance rate.
In addition, truck insurance firms will take into account factors relating to the farm truck driver as well, including their driving record, how long they’ve held their licence and the size of their no claims bonus.
Since so many factors are at play when it comes to the cost of your farm truck insurance, the best plan is to use our price comparison service to compare truck insurance quotes from a range of different insurance companies, and then go with the one that offers the best farm truck insurance policy at the best price.
Is it true farm vehicles don’t have to be insured if they aren’t used on the road?
Yes, some agricultural vehicles don’t require insurance if they’re only ever used on the farm and are never driven on any public roads or lanes.
However, most farm trucks are likely to be driven on the road at some stage, in which case farm truck insurance will be mandatory, and even if you plan to only ever use the truck on your farm it would still be a good idea to insure the vehicle against the risk of theft, vandalism and accidents.
How can I find cheaper farm truck insurance?
The cost of insuring a farm truck can be a significant recurring expense, particularly if you also have tractors, harvesters and other agricultural vehicles to insure. However, there are a few you can do to improve your chances of finding cheaper farm truck insurance. For starters, you could:
- Shop around for cheaper quotes – Price comparison sites can often help farmers find better deals on their farm truck insurance.
- Avoid young drivers when taking out tow truck insurance – Truck insurance for young drivers tends to be prohibitively expensive, so it’s best to ensure that any truck drivers named on your farm truck insurance policy are experienced drivers with clean driving records.
- Avoid ‘any driver’ truck insurance – Truck insurance policies that insure any licenced truck driver to drive that vehicle tend to be the most expensive option, because the insurer won’t have any information about the driver. It’s usually cheaper to add multiple named drivers to a farm truck insurance policy than it is to opt for ‘any driver’ truck insurance.