Haulage Truck Insurance
Cheap Haulage Truck Insurance
- Quotes from UK insurance providers
- One short form – save time u0026 money
Policies and deals from industry leading insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Our quote form uses 128-bit SSL encryption for your peace of mind.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
Very easy to use website would definitely recommend!
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Easy web site to use also got my car insurance 150 pounds cheaper well worth the visit to Quotezone
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4.74/5 from 2243 customer reviews
Haulage Truck Insurance – Compare Cheap Quotes
Quotezone.co.uk’s truck insurance comparison service can help you compare haulage truck insurance quotes from a wide range of different providers, which could increase your odds of finding the right haulage truck insurance at the best possible price.
How much does it cost to insure a haulage truck?
The insurance premium calculation for insuring a haulage truck is dependent on a wide range of different factors, including the age and type vehicle, where you keep the haulage truck when you aren’t driving it, your estimated annual mileage, where you operate, your driving record and whether or not you have any points on your HGV licence, the level of cover that you require and how many years’ no-claims bonus you have.
Given how many variables influence the cost of your haulage truck insurance, the only way to get an accurate quote is to compare real insurance premiums from a number of different insurance providers and then go with the one that offers the best haulage truck insurance coverage at the best price.
Do I need to use a specialist provider if I use my haulage truck to transport hazardous materials?
Not necessarily. Many standard truck insurance providers will still be willing to offer you a haulage truck insurance policy even if you do transport hazardous materials.
However, it’s vital that you declare this fact to insurers, as failure to do so could result in your policy being cancelled.
What level of coverage do I need when I’m insuring a haulage truck?
Yes, as with car insurance, haulage truck insurance offers three levels of coverage:
- Third party only haulage truck insurance
- Third party, fire and theft
- Fully comprehensive haulage insurance
Third party only policies are the minimum level of coverage required by law, but they might not meet your business’s requirements because if your haulage truck is ever involved in an accident these policies will only cover the cost of repairing or replacing a third party’s vehicle. You would have to pay for any repairs to your own haulage truck yourself.
Most haulage businesses would be better to opt for a fully comprehensive haulage truck insurance policy, as this would cover the business if the haulage truck was ever stolen or damaged in an accident.
How can I find cheap haulage truck insurance?
While haulage truck insurance is often a significant expense for haulage businesses, there are a few steps they can take to find cheaper haulage truck insurance, such as:
- Shopping around for the best deals – First and foremost, haulage businesses should shop around for the best haulage truck insurance deals by using a price comparison site like Quotezone.co.uk, which can help them compare quotes from a range of different truck insurance specialists.
- Avoiding ‘any driver’ haulage truck insurance policies – Lorry insurance policies that insure any licenced truck driver to drive that truck tend to be the most expensive option, because the insurer won’t have any information about the driver(s). It’s usually cheaper to add multiple named drivers to a haulage truck insurance policy than it is to opt for ‘any driver’ haulage truck insurance.
- Avoiding younger, less experienced haulage drivers if possible – Haulage truck insurance for young drivers tends to be very expensive, so it would be a wise idea to hire experienced haulage drivers with clean driving records if at all possible.