Compare food van insurance quotes now
Cheap Food Van Insurance
- Quotes from UK insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money
Policies and deals from industry leading insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Our quote form uses 128-bit SSL encryption for your peace of mind.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
Very good service and very quick on answering yhe phones when you call
Dartford, United Kingdom
Very helpful and understanding
, United Kingdom
4.74/5 from 2217 customer reviews
Food Van Insurance – Compare Cheap Quotes
Not only is third party only food van insurance the legal minimum needed for any van driven on UK roads, but the correct food van insurance policy can protect you against a variety of other dangers in addition to damage to third party vehicles.
Of course, just because you require food van insurance doesn’t mean you have to pay an exorbitant premium for it. By comparing quotes from a variety of specialised insurance providers, you can increase your odds of getting the best value for your food van insurance.
Can I insure my food van with ordinary van insurance?
While ordinary van insurance obviously can be used to insure a vehicle that is used for business purposes (in fact, the majority of vans on the road are used for commercial purposes), if your van is a food van it’s critical that you inform your insurer that’s used for catering.
After all, how you use your van, and where you drive it, can both affect the vehicle’s risk profile, and even the types of equipment inside your van can affect the cost of insuring it.
So will the equipment inside my van be covered too?
Food van insurance policies do vary from one provider to the next, but many insurers will offer coverage for your catering equipment too, either as standard or in exchange for a small fee.
Does food van insurance protect me against the risk of public liability claims?
Many food van insurance policies won’t include public liability cover as standard, but you may be able to bundle this of policy with your insurance when you’re insuring your food van.
Alternatively, you can compare standalone public liability insurance policies here.
What steps can I take to find cheap food van insurance?
It’s doubtful that the renewal quote from your current insurance provider will be the cheapest food van insurance quote available, so comparing quotes from a wider selection of insurers truly pays off.
Apart from that, there are a few further actions you can take to boost your chances of getting a lower food van insurance policy, including the following:
- Opting for a food van with a smaller engine – while this will only be possible if you haven’t bought your food van yet (or you’re happy to downsize), if you do opt for a food van with a smaller engine it will often fall into a lower insurance group, which means it should be cheaper to insure.
- When not in use, park your food van in a garage or on a private driveway – vehicles parked on a private driveway or in a garage are less likely to be stolen, vandalised, or struck by a passing car.
- Paying the entire year in advance – Monthly payments are certainly more convenient, but they’re also more costly. If you can pay the entire year in advance, you should save quite a bit of money.