Compare cheap van insurance quotes from over 60 specialist UK providers, including
Why use Quotezone.co.uk to compare van insurance policies?
Compare policies from over 60 different van insurance providers
Our van insurance comparison service increases your odds of finding a great deal by comparing 60+ policies side-by-side.
Buy the policy online or by phone
Purchase your van insurance policy quickly and easily, and choose between monthly and annual payment options.
Save time and money
One short form is all it takes to compare quotes from over 60 van insurance providers, side-by-side.
Over three million users
Over three million people use Quotezone.co.uk each year to save money on their policies.
Secure & Encrypted
Quotezone.co.uk is committed to keeping your data safe and secure.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
Great quick website providing the best cover around!
Don’t bother going to the usual comparison sites because they simply DON’T COMPARE!!
4.89/5 from 27 customer reviews
Cheap private van insurance quotes from UK-based insurance providers
If you’re the proud owner of a Ford Transit, a Fiat Fiorino, an Iveco van or a Renault Trafic – but you use the van as a private vehicle rather than a commercial vehicle – then it would be a wise move to compare van insurance quotes with Quotezone.co.uk when you’re ready to insure the vehicle.
Not only could our price comparison service help you find the right insurance policy for your van in just a matter of minutes, but by comparing quotes from over 50 van insurance providers you’ll be much more likely to find a cheap insurance quote for your private van.
Insuring a van for private use: a straightforward insurance guide
What level of cover should I opt for if I’m using a van for private use?
As with car insurance, van drivers have three levels of cover to choose from:
- Third Party
- Third Party, Fire and Theft
- Fully Comprehensive Van Insurance
Third party van insurance is the minimum level of cover required under UK law, and as such it’s sometimes a bit cheaper than the other two options. So if the premiums you’re being quoted to insure a van for private use are particularly high (because you’re a young van driver, for instance) it might be worth looking into third party van insurance, which in some cases could reduce your premium a little.
However, it is important to bear in mind that if you’re involved in an accident that was your own fault third party van insurance will only cover the cost of damage to the other driver’s vehicle, which would mean you’d have to cover the cost of repairing or replacing your own van yourself.
In addition, the price difference between third party and fully-comp van insurance can sometimes be negligible, which is why it’s a good idea to compare quotes for all three levels of cover and then opt for the policy that offers the most comprehensive coverage at the most competitive price.
How can I find cheap van insurance for private use?
First and foremost, you should use an insurance comparison service like Quotezone.co.uk each time your policy is up for renewal, because renewal quotes are often less competitive than the price you’d be offered by a new insurance provider.
Beyond that, the following steps could help reduce the cost of your personal van insurance policy:
- Parking your van off the road: Vehicles that are parked on the roadside have a higher risk of being damaged by a passing motor, targeted by vandals or stolen by thieves, so if you’re able to park in a garage or on a private driveway this could result in cheaper van insurance quotes.
- Installing additional security features: If your van didn’t come with a manufacturer-installed alarm or engine immobiliser then installing these additional security features could lower the cost of your insurance a little.
- Paying for the full year upfront: Van insurance will usually cost a little more if you opt to pay for the policy on a monthly basis, so you could save a bit of cash if you pay for the full year upfront.
- Agreeing to a higher excess: The mandatory excess on your van insurance policy will be predetermined by your provider, but most insurance companies will also allow policyholders to add a voluntary excess. If you agree to a higher voluntary excess you could see the upfront cost of your private van insurance reduced a little…although it’s important to bear in mind that this does mean you’ll have to cover a larger portion of the cost yourself if you have to make a claim.
Does private van insurance include breakdown cover?
No, in most cases your private van insurance policy will not include van breakdown cover as standard.
However, your provider will usually allow you to add this cover to your policy as an optional extra, which can sometimes prove more cost effective than taking out standalone vehicle breakdown cover.