Compare car delivery driver insurance quotes now
Cheap Car Delivery Driver Insurance
- Quotes from UK insurance providers
- One short form – save time & money
Policies and deals from industry leading insurance providers, including
Looking for cheaper insurance?
Our quote form uses 128-bit SSL encryption for your peace of mind.
Over three million users
Join our ever-growing list of satisfied customers today.
You could save time and money
Get your quotes by filling in one simple form, compare prices, and start saving.
Independent and unbiased service
We aren’t owned by or have any investment from any insurance company.
What people have to say about us
Quick and easy to use found what I was looking for and saved £150 on my renewal quote
, United Kingdom
, United Kingdom
4.75/5 from 2079 customer reviews
Car Delivery Driver Insurance
Using your car to deliver items is a flexible way to earn some extra cash, but it’s important to bear in mind that you can’t do this with a standard car insurance policy – you’ll need specialist courier insurance instead.
Luckily our price comparison service can do all the legwork to help you find car insurance for delivery drivers, making it more likely that you’ll find the right policy at the right price.
Do I need special insurance to be a delivery driver?
If you’re using your car to deliver items that don’t belong to you, then you’ll need delivery driver car insurance.
Policies cover the increased risk of incidents and mishaps that could occur because of the nature of your work. For example, you’ll usually be expected to drive in all types of weather and work to rigid delivery schedules – both of which can lead to stressful situations and an accident.
Standard car insurance typically only covers social, domestic and pleasure use, as well as driving to a single place to work. Using your car to deliver goods falls outside of this so you won’t be covered if you have an accident.
Not having adequate cover means you’ll be responsible for meeting any costs relating to an accident. This could mean repairs to your own car or someone else’s property. You could also end up paying court costs and compensation if someone makes a claim against you.
What does delivery driver car insurance include?
Policies vary by insurer so it’s always a good idea to read the terms and conditions set out in your agreement. It’s also important to be aware of any exclusions, which are events that aren’t covered.
As with other types of car and van insurance, you’ll be able to choose from one of three levels of cover:
- Third party only – this covers the cost of injury or damage to other people or their property. It’s the minimum level of cover you can have by law but remember – it won’t pay to repair your car in the event of an accident.
- Third party, fire and theft – includes third party only and will also compensate you if your car is stolen or damaged by fire.
- Comprehensive – this is the highest level of protection you can get. It includes third party, fire and theft and will also cover the cost of damage to your car if you have an accident.
Does delivery driver car insurance cover the goods I deliver?
This comes down to the specific wording in your policy. Some courier insurance policies automatically include cover for ‘hire and reward’. If this is the case, then the items you’re transporting should also be covered. If hire and reward insurance isn’t included, it’s something you can add on for a small increase in your premium.
What other features can I add to a delivery car insurance policy?
In most cases you’ll be able to tailor your policy and bolt on additional features that will give you all-round protection. Popular options include:
- Breakdown cover and courtesy car.
- Legal expenses insurance which pays legal fees and compensation claims.
- Public liability insurance which compensates other people for injury or damage you cause through work activities.
- Personal possessions insurance to cover your own belongings such as glasses, sunglasses or a phone.
How much is delivery driver car insurance?
A number of factors affect how much you pay for cover – for example:
- Your age – younger drivers are statistically more likely to be involved in an accident resulting in higher premiums for many drivers under 24.
- Your car – generally speaking, expensive and powerful cars cost more to insure.
- Your driving record and claims history – if you have points on your licence, you can expect to pay higher than average premiums. The same can also apply if you’ve made a claim on your insurance in the last five years.
- The value of the items you’re delivering – if you’re transporting high value items this will be reflected in your premium.
Because premiums are influenced by many reasons, car insurance for delivery drivers can vary significantly which is why comparing quotes is crucial to getting a good deal.
But, before you base your decision solely on price, it’s well worth looking at all the features included. Cheaper policies might come with numerous conditions and exclusions. On the other hand, pricier policies may come with fewer limitations, giving you better protection and better value for money.
Compare delivery driver car insurance
At Quotezone.co.uk, we make it easy to search for the delivery driver car insurance you need. Simply answer a few questions and we’ll bring back quotes from our panel of trusted insurers – all you need to do is choose one.